Monday, October 26, 2020

Day 226

 


Day 226, self quarantine:

Monday, October 26, 2020

So I apologize if I’m not answering emails, messages, or texts right now.  I just can’t. Seriously, outside of what I write in these posts, I’ve officially withdrawn until after the election.

I’m completely overwhelmed.

I’m not kidding.  I have never been this stressed in my life.

I don’t think anything is cute or funny or even shocking at the moment, I’ve lost my perspective and my sense of humor.

I can’t make small talk and I really don’t want to discuss Donald.

By now you all know the White House has no plan to curb the pandemic.

I mean, eight months in, it was obvious, but they’re saying the quiet parts out loud now.

Five people close to Pence tested positive but he’s still doing super spreader rallies this week like his hideous dancing boss. He’s campaigning everywhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pence-coronavirus-outbreak/2020/10/25/923bb382-16d5-11eb-befb-8864259bd2d8_story.html

“The WH chose to ignore the threat posed by the virus because they thought downplaying it would help ensure Trump's re-election.  Nearly 230K are dead as a consequence-and it turns out they were completely wrong about the politics of it, too. The wrong choice for the wrong reason.“ -David Rothkopf

https://therothkopfgroup.com/

Yeah, that, too.

I’m freaked.

And terrified.

Last night on 60 minutes, Pence also came right out and said people my age shouldn’t be celebrating Thanksgiving this year.

“Should people feel safe gathering over Thanksgiving?”

“I think that's a decision every American family can make based on the circumstances in their community, the vulnerability of particular family members,” says Vice President Pence. 

He then suggested elderly family members take a pass on Thanksgiving.


Did you see Donald’s part of the interview where he stormed out? I believe it’s included in that link.

How fucking embarrassing.

America is paying the price for his tiny, impotent penis.

How ironic that at every rally this month, Donald bleats that he “brought back Christmas.”  Because of Donald, it’s okay to say “Merry Christmas!” again.

Wut?

Because of Donald, THERE IS NO CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!

Omg, the stupidity of Donald and his supporters is breathtaking.

Just looking at them is enough to make you vomit.  It’s no lie he attracts the most physically repulsive people, too.

One hour of 60 Minutes is too much, we’ve had to listen to their racist, misogynistic, homophobic, antisemitic diatribes for over three years!

Enough.

Luckily Gary is my rock, I’m balls to the walls busy at work, and when I’m not doing the paralegal gig, I’m going to spend every day between now and next Tuesday, listening to music and doing odd jobs around here and just praying Donald loses in a non- disputable landslide.

Anything else is unthinkable.

Other than that, Gary and I had an awesome weekend.  We took a bunch of drives and walks with Jake.  We stuffed our faces with all kinds of great food and spent the rest of the time watching the birds in our backyard.

Our cardinal and blue jay showed up at the same time and if you were outside our front door and overheard us, you would have thought John and George rose from their graves, reformed the Beatles, and showed up at Casa Slick for a private concert.

“Omg, Gary! Omg! Look! Omg!”

“Shhh!  I see! Stop shouting, you’ll scare them.  Can you hand me my camera without moving?”

No.

But I’ll try.

Grace and coordination are not my thing.

Somehow, though, I reached across the coffee table without making any sudden movements or noise and passed him the camera just in time.

He managed to catch this shot.

We’re pretty stoked about the symbolism attached to both birds. Good luck and protection works for us!

Hey, I will take that as a positive sign for election day.

I’m also really happy we’re still bird crazy.  It hasn’t gotten even a little bit old.

So that’s it, I am putting down my phone and watching Food TV until I go upstairs and start my work day.

Maybe he’ll die in the meantime.

I’m trying my best.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment