Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Day 221


 Day 221, self quarantine:


Wednesday, October 21, 2020

How is October almost over?  How is it getting dark out at 6:00 p.m.?

Daylight savings time this year began on March 8, 2020.

I’m always so excited that first Sunday we spring forward.

I couldn’t wait for it to be light outside at 5:00 p.m.  The winter seemed to last forever.

Remember January? When we impeached Donald?

Omg, it feels like a hundred years ago.

Anyway, yeah, it was Daylight savings time Sunday, March 8 and five days later, we were locked in our houses.

I thought it would be interesting to revisit my first journal entry.

“Day 1 of self quarantine. Coronavirus makes 
us realize shockingly for the first time we’re 
no longer young, we’re not even middle aged, 
we’re senior citizens. I look over at Gary, 
unable to suppress scary thoughts.
Oy vey. It’s going to be a long couple of weeks.”

Haha a couple of weeks.

And now, almost eight months later, daylight savings time is ending next Saturday.

This is surreal.

I really wish we wouldn’t fall back this year but I’m not in charge.

Too bad.

We’d have a lot more fun.

So this morning’s Facebook memory took me back 11 years ago.

I was touring the world as merch person for the Adrian Belew Power Trio, selling t-shirts and CDs at the shows.

The founders of Pixar Films were huge fans of Adrian and invited us for a personal guided tour of their studio in San Francisco.

And a personal screening of their latest film.

And that’s where the first pitch was made to Adrian to write the soundtrack to one of their films.

Adrian said yes, and that film, Piper, won an Oscar.

Here’s my memory of that day, with the coolest photos ever of day to day operations and our tour at Pixar Films.


Yep, I used to have an insanely cool life.

But so did a lot of people.

Now we are all sofa dwellers.

I really can’t spend too much time thinking about it or it brings me to my knees.

The virus is seriously surging in Philadelphia.


Last night, that oozing orange turd came to Pennsylvania and bellowed, “Tell your governor to open up your state!”

He’s “bored” of the virus.

In the last week,  the virus has surged in 20 states.

And he’s still dancing.

He didn’t look real happy after he stormed out of his 60 Minutes interview yesterday.

I guess we’ll find out why but who really cares?  His initial tweet about it is typically insane and senseless.

“I am pleased to inform you that, for the sake of accuracy in reporting, I am considering posting my interview with Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes, PRIOR TO AIRTIME! This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about... ...Everyone should compare this terrible Electoral Intrusion with the recent interviews of Sleepy Joe Biden!”

Oy.

He’s completely irrational.  How can anyone look at that sullen, bloated face with the dead eyes, streaked with orange clown makeup and a pouffy yak wig glued to his ridiculous big head, and think to themselves, “He’s presidential.”

There was a lot more of his evil yesterday.

“BREAKING: Lawyers say they can't find the parents of 545 migrant children separated by the Trump administration.”

“NEW: President Trump's tax records reveal a previously unknown bank account he has in China, where he's spent a decade pursuing business deals.”

Omg, and Donald actually said last night it will be “boring” if we elect Joe.

Yes!  Please give us boring!  I want to be bored!

13 more days.

He sounds and looks terrible.  Look at this pic of him after he prematurely ejaculated I mean ended his 60 Minute interview.

But hey, Ivanka told us yesterday on Twitter she has learned to play guitar during quarantine.

Wut?

I completely lost it.

I never tweet back to her but I did yesterday.

“The guitar?  Omg, take your grotesque hands off that beautiful instrument via which my family used to earn a living pre-pandemic, you hideous ogress!”

Not the best tweet grammar wise but I was in a blind rage.

Though I am pretty proud of “hideous ogress.”

It has a nice ring to it and if you say it to yourself every time you see one of her video clips, trust me, you’ll feel much better.

Try it.

So that’s my thoughts for today.

I’m going to get more coffee and stick more pins in my Donald voodoo doll.

I’m gonna try to aim better for a major artery.

If you still support him, burn in hell.

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment