Thursday, October 15, 2020

Day 215

 


Day 215, self quarantine:

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Okay, this week is freaking flying.

Yesterday I started doing one major project early that I knew would take a few hours and had to go out ASAP but then I got the “Omg you have to draft a Motion that has to be filed today, I’m on the road, email it to me and I’ll pull over and review it so you can efile it” hysterical phone call from my boss and then in the middle of that insanity, all taking place while wearing my new hot pink pajamas in Julie’s funky purple bedroom, I got another phone call from one of the firm’s New York partners who wanted to discuss my “status.“

Good times, people.

Actually, everything worked out.

You guys already know my status.  I shared it with him. 😜

Anyway...

Whenever I am rattled, I can get stuff done like I just walked out of a meth lab.

Nervous energy, man.

I aced everything.

And yeah, I had zero time to look at the news.

Welp, I did check Twitter briefly last night and it was all too much.

Luckily I’ve got another insane work day today and I am so here for that.  Losing myself in complex litigation is actually awesome right now and who the hell am I and what have I done with Robin?

Yeah, I can’t deal with Judge Handmaid or Dancin’ Donald and his Covid cooties.

Which covid cooties could be a lie, who the hell knows?

Who cares.

Hopefully it’s almost over.

Not his cooties, which he’ll always have, but his presidency.  

And if you still support him, please die.  

Painfully.

So in other news, I sent Gary out to buy gourds.

Here’s why my quarantine partner is better than your quarantine partner.

He came home with bags of Almond Joys, Rolos, Reeses, Mounds, and Heath Bars.

“They sell candy at Produce Junction?” I asked skeptically.

“ I went to Target,” he said.

“Gary, they don’t sell gourds at Target.”

“I know,” he grinned.

I looked at all the candy.  Even though I am a chocolate snob who likes imported stuff from Europe, he bought all my favorite junk stuff.  

Like, all of it. 

“I can’t believe you got this.  I thought we agreed we’re not giving out candy this year,” I said weakly.

Yes, being around this amount of chocolate makes me weak.

You got a problem with that?

“We’re not giving candy out this year, Rob! That’s for you!”

Omg, heart be still.

Naturally I’ve already torn through half the bag of Rolos.

I’m such an addict.  

Holy hell, if it tastes good or makes you feel good and it’s bad for you, you can be sure I’ll get addicted to it.

Gary, too.

We need several twelve step programs just to function but hey hey, whatever works, at least we’re 100% dysfunctional together.

And I dig the twelve steps.

I am pissed I don’t have gourds, though, but I found a contact free garden center that also sells blackberry bushes and small potted evergreen trees which attract birds in the winter, and they also have bushels of apples and pumpkins and you know we are so going there.

If I’m not in a diabetic coma by then.

Which could happen if I don’t hide this candy somewhere.

Sigh...

Alrighty, I’m off to paralegal world.

Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment