Monday, October 12, 2020

Day 212

 


Day 212, self quarantine:

Monday, October 12, 2020

Yeesh, what a crap weekend.  It started out with an old acquaintance freaking out at me in Facebook comments, segued into an unrelated two day argument with my husband, and ended with the usual overeating of all things carbs and sugar.


I’m actually looking forward to being Robin Slick, paralegal today
and escape from the news and Gary.

Is it November 3 yet?

We’re pretty tense here at Casa Slick.

And a little terrified.

Anyway, I’m going to try not to be Debbie Downer between now and November 3, so let’s move on or it’s going to be a long three weeks.

I’m starting to think I should also turn off the television.

The political ads are making me nuts.

The sound of Donald’s voice, the sight of him, make me unbearably nauseous.

And I feel like if we just listen to music for the next three weeks, Gary and I will be in a much better place.

We’re both tentative and tender around each other following our mondo argument Saturday night.  I put my phone down most of the day yesterday and glared at Gary every time he smoked. 😎

Just kidding.  It’s all good.

So yeah, Gary destressed by going into the kitchen and making amazing roasted vegetable rice for dinner and we had pumpkin pie and ice cream for dessert and by the time we went to sleep we were well fed and relieved we managed to be civil to each other. A quarantine disaster was diverted.

So because we had our grand argument into Sunday morning, we didn’t do our much needed monthly seniors shopping  Trader Joe trip and now we’re out of coffee so even though it’s a work morning, we’re getting dressed and going out now so I can be back home and in my pajamas, signed into the office by 8:30 a.m. and omfg there are so many things weird about that statement I don’t know where to start.

Ugh, I so don’t want to go.

You better believe I’m getting cake.

I gotta be rewarded for this.

Ew, and it’s pouring out, like life isn’t grand enough on a Monday morning.

Fuck it, I’m keeping my pajamas on.  No one will know.

Fuck it, I’m getting cake and more pie.

And ice cream.

Does Trader Joe sell Halloween candy?

If not, they should.

If they do, I’m so buying it.

Speaking of pie, that’s another thing I love about autumn.  

Meanwhile, I can’t believe the Food Network is already advertising the Holiday Baking Championship and holy moly, it starts in three weeks.

November 2.

I just can’t.

I used to love all those stupid shows.

Now they’re just stupid shows.

Yeah, I’m gonna listen to music.

Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment