Sunday, October 11, 2020

Day 211


 Day 211, self quarantine:


Sunday, October 11, 2020

So I was going to just say “no post today” because honestly, Gary and I had an argument that started at midnight and carried over into this morning and I’m exhausted.

I mean, it didn’t last all night, I stormed off to bed and he didn’t follow so I fell asleep and he came up whenever.

We rarely have blowouts and we have a policy of never going to bed angry but oh well, shit happens.

You should have seen Jake.  Omg, he looked so stricken.  We rescued Jake when he was almost two because he was in a home with a bitter divorce and he literally sat with his head down, cowering.

He’s not used to that with us.

The reason I tell you this is just to say we are normal, we’re human, we’ve been stuck indoors with each other for 2/3 of a year, and the argument was over something stupid but then you know what happens, once you start yelling, you get to the real grievances.

Gary thinks I’m on my phone too much.

I think Gary smokes too much.

You know what?

We’re both right.

In the end, we both agreed to cut back on our vices, but honestly, we also need to cut each other some slack. We’re in a freaking pandemic.  What we’ve been going through since March is unbelievable.  

So that’s today.

We’ve patched things up and we’re listening to @wxpn radio because the dj tweeted to Eric he’s playing his song.

Now if I wasn’t on my phone, I wouldn’t have seen that, but...

Never mind.  I don’t have to win every argument.

In fact, I’m going to start putting my phone down so Gary will cut down on smoking.

I have my priorities straight.

Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment