Friday, October 16, 2020

Day 216

 



Day 216, self quarantine:

Friday, October 16, 2020

Welp, this week went crazy fast.

My boss even texted me last night, “We killed it this week!”

We did.

My boss is so cool.  I really like him.  I hope he doesn’t disappear from my life after I retire.

Though I’ve been down this road before. 

Sadly, people do leave your life abruptly, people you see every day and can’t imagine life without.

Okay, I’ll stop.

I really am staying away from the news. I’m a wreck.  It’s too late and impossible for me to educate everyone at this point but those who know, know.  If Donald finds a way to pull this out, we’re in a dictatorship and worse.

And I am stunned how everyone just rolled over for the handmaid.

Never mind.  I’m changing the subject.

Gary got me my gourds!  They’re making me unspeakably happy and by the time they are withered it will be time to decorate for Christmas which I can’t even believe is happening soon.

I’m gonna fucking decorate every inch of this house.

So out of nowhere I’ve been listening nonstop to a record from 2011 that’s pretty far outside my usual taste zone - Black Keys El Camino.

I know, right?

I have Gary into it, too.

Trust me on this. Listen to Little Black Submarines with headphones.


https://youtu.be/6k8es2BNloE

Yessssss.

Music really is everything.  After this election is over, I’m purging all 2,000 political and news people I follow on Twitter and changing over to nothing but writers, musicians and foodies.

I want nothing but links to good music, books, pictures of dinner, and recipes.

Oh my god, how wonderful does that sound.

Utopia, huh.

It was my life up until November 8, 2016 and I didn’t appreciate how fantastic it was.

Please goddess, return that simple beautiful life to me and I promise I’ll never be ungrateful or unhappy about anything ever again.

Deal?

Deal.

I’m heading upstairs at dawn in hopes I can end the day a little early although technically, I guess I can, huh, there is no 9-5 in quarantine world.

Now see, I just found another perk in this apocalypse.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment