Saturday, October 03, 2020

Day 203



Day 203, self quarantine:

Saturday, October 3, 2020

31 more days.

I’m sorry, but I will not wish for his recovery.

Just the opposite.

This is all his fault, and maybe for the first time in his wretched life, he’s going to be held accountable
for his sins.

His election had terrible, terrible consequences. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, millions unemployed, families torn from each other’s arms, and I am supposed to care about this 74 year old morbidly obese narcissist who refused to wear a mask or social distance?

I don’t think so.

Justice Ginsburg just argued her first case before God.

She won.

In other news, I saw this article yesterday and it really hit home.

One out of every four women have either downshifted or quit/retired since the pandemic.


It says women are really taking it hard.

Ya think?

See paragraphs above.

Death and destruction will do that to people.

I’ve already had my talk with my boss. 

And now I’m just trying to breathe and stay sane until this national nightmare is over.

As are most of us.

At least those of us who are intelligent and sane and have taken the time to educate ourselves somewhere other than Fox “news.”

So Gary and I don’t have any plans today other than watching our birds.

The blue jay stops by every morning between 8-9.  He always shrieks like a whacked out seagull and goes right for the picnic table bird feeder.  He stays there squawking for about 2-3 minutes and then takes off.

They might have bad reputations but blue jays are freaking gorgeous.

It’s funny, the cardinals, and it appears we now have a couple of families, don’t eat out of any of our feeders.   The squirrels however love them, and they drop birdseed all over the ground because they’re slobs.  The cardinals eat what they dropped.

And what they don’t eat, the squirrels are burying for winter. Gary and I sit on the sofa watching their whole routine.

It’s fascinating.

Gary and I were talking yesterday about our yard.  When I first got the idea to make a garden in the beginning weeks of quarantine, I was panicking that we would be stuck in the house for weeks har har and it would be our tiny “vacation “ oasis.

I had visions of gorgeous outdoor furniture from CB2 and Gary and I out there watching sunrise and sunsets like we do when we’re on vacation at the beach.

I had dreams of Gary happily puttering with flowers and veggies while Jake and I sat out there in the sunlight.

Ha!

What our yard has become is our own personal nature center.

We sit on the sofa staring out the screen door waiting to see who visits.

Gary is out there six times a day filling the feeders.

The animals call to him.  I can’t even describe it.  If you know Gary, you know.

When Gary takes Jake for a walk to any dog park, dogs stop what they’re doing and rush to him.

Julie knows.  We were talking about it the other day.

“Dad IS a dog, mom.”

“I know.”

We mean that in the best possible way.

Oh, but one cool thing happened!  After declaring our three tomato plants pretty but “sterile and unable to bear fruit,” yesterday, October freaking  2nd, Gary came running in the house shouting, “Rob, Rob, look at this!”

We have one, gorgeous perfect tomato.

How cool is that?

I don’t want to ever eat it, just take its picture.

Gary’s like, are you nuts, of course we’re going to eat it.

Okay!

So that’s it for today, I overslept and didn’t wake up until 6:00 and now I need to straighten up and watch the Great British Baking Show, which always leaves me wanting copious amounts of cake.

Oh, Gary, are you awake yet...

Haha as if.

I’ll be ready for lunch by then.

Happy Saturday!