Monday, August 24, 2020

Day 163



Day 163, self quarantine:

Monday, August 24, 2020

Yay, getaway week for staycation!

After I get through this week, I don’t have to be in Julie’s bedroom for ten whole days.

Honestly, when this is all over, I’m going to have to remove every reminder of my remote law office life from there or I’m going to be stressed every time I walk upstairs.  I may have to redecorate Julie’s room altogether.

Haha, as if Gary will let me touch the shrine.

He won’t even let me throw out/sell/ give away the kids’ toys.

Oh yes, every single ninja turtle, every obtainable Power Ranger, every freaking superhero, their cars, laboratories and weapons, every Super soaker, every nerf gun...are still here at Casa Slick.

I say “obtainable” power rangers because at the height of their popularity, Gary had to enter a lottery at the Toys R Us and then show up there at midnight the night after Thanksgiving to fetch them so that Julie and Eric would have a perfect Christmas.

I feel like I talked about this before...

Oh well, after 163 days, there’s bound to be some reruns.

Anyway, yeah, I could probably make several thousand dollars on eBay with the Slick toy collection but Gary is convinced Julie and Eric are going to want them some day.

They’re in their thirties.  When will this be?

No clue.

Again, our kids are gonna hate us when we die if I can’t get Gary to Marie Kondo sooner rather than later.

Sigh... I really am gonna try again next week on staycation.

I’m getting rid of all my stuff except for jeans, black leggings and a few favorite tees/sweaters.

What’s the point?  I never have to get dressed up again. 

I’ve been wearing black t-shirts with jeans since I’m 16. It’s the outfit I am comfortable in, though in recent years black leggings are everything.

So yeah, goodbye about ten tons of clothing, boots and shoes.

Hey, no joke, I have at least ten all leather Coach handbags.  Maybe more. Where should I sell them with the least hassle and highest return?  

All the rest I am donating.

Yep, I’m doing it next week.  I already started bagging stuff yesterday. So hopefully Gary will follow suit.

He will.

Just not as quickly or efficiently as me, but I can help make things disappear when he’s not looking.

I mean, how many tie dye Bradford White Hot Water
Heater t-shirts does a man need?

Speaking of Gary, he has a new hobby.  He’s obsessed and I think it’s awesome.

The birds, Jake, flowers and yours truly are his subjects and I gotta tell you, the dude is really enjoying retirement more and more with each passing day.

Imagine how happy he’s going to be when we can actually leave the house for real.

Whenever that will be.

Eric is working on me to move to Nashville.

I texted back, “Hey, you’re preaching to the choir.  I’d move next door to you tomorrow.  Call your father.”

Eric replied, “I will!”

I probably also mentioned this before, but ever since Gary saw Easy Rider in a movie theater when he was sixteen, he’s been traumatized by the south and told me he could never live there.

I’m not even lying, he gets nuts even talking about it.

But, Gary has a long history of telling me NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT, and then turning around and telling the opposite thing to the kids.

I say we wait until November 3, 2020 before making any decisions regarding residence because, you know, we all may wanna leave the country.

If we can.

Oy.

So I think that’s it for today, I’m feeling a little scatterbrained because I have a big work project and I need to focus and so far I’m not feeling it.

Meh, I will go make some more coffee and give it my best.

If worst comes to worst, I will have a couple cookies for energy.

Oh, I got the Trader JoeJoes.

They’re NoNos but I will eat them anyway.

I mean, they’re not terrible, but I don’t recommend them, especially if you’re an Oreo fan.

They’re kinda soggy and the “cream” filling has a weird mouth feel.  I had to double check the label to make sure there was no gelatin.

Ugh, no gelatin but there was palm oil.

Why why why.

I think when I retire, I’m gonna start a food blog.  I have ideas.

I can’t wait.

Okay, that’s enough out of me.

Go forth and conquer.