Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Day 150


Day 150, self quarantine:

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Yesterday was strange.  The day started out miserable but ended up fun.

Just as I finished writing my post yesterday morning and said I didn’t feel like working, woo, I better be careful what I wish for.  I had such a wave of nausea out of nowhere I barely made it to the bathroom.

The entire morning was like that, into the afternoon.  Gary kept making me drink ginger ale, which I held down for about two seconds.

“Do I have Covid-19?” I asked him hysterically.

“How?  You never leave the house.  And I feel fine.  Wouldn’t I be throwing up, too?”

“Then why am I soooo sick,” I moaned.

“I dunno, Rob. Do you think it’s something you ate?  What did you have yesterday?”

Hmmm.  What didn’t I eat.

The day began with pancake bread and sort of spiraled out of control after that.

In the world according to Robin, if you begin the day with cake, the entire day is a wash-up and there’s no sense in dieting, it’s an all you can eat event until bedtime.

I am Exhibit A why diets don’t work.  That’s why most of the time, I eat healthy.

Anyway, yeah, I had a bad day with food on Sunday and my body isn’t used to it anymore.

At one point I had a hunk of chocolate in one hand and pretzels in the other hand and I was alternating bites.

Anyway, I was miserably sick yesterday, and then I read on Facebook that a girl I grew up with, the slightly younger sister of a childhood friend, died suddenly which completely freaked me out. 

I felt so beaten down and sad, and I still couldn’t shake the nausea or depression by mid afternoon.

But then Gary made me some plain white rice which he insisted I eat and I started to feel better, and then I learned he had a zoom meeting with his musician pals from the music camp he should have been at this week with Julie just like every second week in August since 2011 (sob)...so since Gary had no clue how to work zoom, I had to get off the sofa and out of my own head to help him.

It was hilarious.

Gary was an SNL skit.

But he finally got the hang of it, and it was a lot of fun for me to sit here and listen.

I still don’t feel 100% this morning, though I do feel much better.  I never understand why I do this to myself but luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Most mornings I have a smoothie for breakfast made with fresh fruit and raw cashews and I’m good.

Ugh, so now I’m a day behind at work again and I’m not really sure why I’m doing that to myself, either.

But on the plus side, now it’s a three day week and I’m so busy it’s going to go fast.

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.

Happy Tuesday.