Monday, August 10, 2020

Day 149




Day 149, self quarantine:

Monday, August 10, 2020

Check out my early birthday present from Eric!  He made me a sign for our garden!

Gary hung it yesterday and I can’t even begin to tell you how happy it makes me.  The sun hits it differently throughout the day and at one point it lit up and all I can say is, that sign is everything.

I am either out in the yard or looking out there all day long.   The house has a vacation home vibe to it now with light flowing in and birds chirping.

I’m geeking out big time.

Which is good because Donald has me really depressed. He’s just so horrible and the fact that he has a platform and reporters try to normalize him both blows my mind and makes me incredibly sad.

I keep thinking it can’t possibly get any worse and yet every day, it does.

I just hate him and his supporters so fucking much.

I can tell I’m depressed because work is the last thing I feel like this morning.

I’m dragging and feel heavy hearted and am having a hard time focusing.  I wish I could just hang with Gary today and every day, watching the birds.

Technically after next Monday, I could.

I know, I know.

Anyway, whatever, in other news, it’s Woodstock week on Xpn radio so if nothing else, the music is going to be awesome because they’re broadcasting the entire festival, as it happened, but only between the hours of 6:00 am and 10:00 pm this entire week so lunatic boomers like me who will be glued to the radio can get some sleep and not miss anything.

Here’s the info:


Also good, Gary is making vegetable fried rice for dinner.

Ooh, I just remembered and how the hell could I forget I’m off from work for a four day weekend this week?!  I took off this Friday-Mondayfor my birthday and some time at the beach.

I can’t believe that wasn’t the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning.  Woo, I must be more depressed than I realized.

Not anymore!  Hell yeah four day week four days off!  Hell yeah birthday boardwalk pizza!

Okay, then.  Today just got considerably better.

Rock on!