Friday, August 14, 2020

Day 153



Day 153 self quarantine:

Friday, August 14, 2020

Hell yeah, I’m off from work on yet another day of thunderstorms.  

I’m really wondering what the dog used to do when we weren’t home on such occasions.  I never installed a video camera because I would have watched it all day and not done anything else.

Kinda like I do on the weekends now with the birds.

Omg, they’re finally using the bird bath!

“Rob! Rob!  What are you doing!” Gary hissed at me when I leapt off the sofa to see where the racket in the yard was coming from.

“The birds are here!”

“I know!  Georgette is taking a bath!  Give her some privacy!”

Wut?

I thought he was joking.

He wasn’t.

I felt it best to back off and not say a word.

So yesterday I took a shower and couldn’t find any clean pajamas.  I looked over at the hamper and saw that it was overflowing.

I couldn’t remember the last time Gary or I did the wash.

I’m not kidding.  It literally had to be a month ago.  Maybe more.

I mean, it’s not like we go anywhere.

So Gary did wash while I banged away on my laptop and he appeared in my office a few hours later.

“Here’s your work clothes,” he said, handing me about ten pair of clean, warm folded pajamas.

I dunno, it cracked me up.

Maybe you had to be there.

It’s my new life.

In other news, Eric’s record is officially out today and I just bought the insanely cool t-shirt for Gary and me so now we’ll both have something else clean to wear.

Yep, even Mom has to pay :)


If you think that’s funny, you should see some of the big ass lines we’ve had to stand in, in freezing cold or monsoon like weather, just to see our kids perform.

We don’t always get star treatment but the times we do more than make up for it.

A personal tour of Pixar Studios with the founders and a private movie screening in their personal theater, a trip to NYC to see my son live on the Jimmy Fallon show followed by a band party in my penthouse hotel room, and a tour bus hang with Greg Lake and Keith Emerson comes to mind but there’s much, much more and I’m very, very grateful.

These days I divide my time between Julie’s former bedroom and the sofa.

Five months of it and no end in sight.

At least for me.

I’m up at dawn today even on my day off because it’s my zen time and also because WXPN is still doing Woodstock week and at 6:00 a.m. they’re broadcasting the Jefferson Airplane segment.

Hey, I gotta listen to Cousin Grace.


Also in honor of my four day birthday celebration, Gary is making hand cut french fries and Jersey tomato sandwiches for dinner tonight, which we’re gonna eat while watching the Flyers decimate the Canadiens on their way to the Stanley Cup.

Yeah, you know the Flyers are winning the cup this year.

Why?

Because we won’t be able to celebrate in bars or with a parade and we’re all gonna implode.

How Philadelphia is that?

Haha, you think putting Crisco on poles and trying to climb them was bad, the mind boggles at what we’ll do but I am so here for it.  


I’m here for it from my sofa, that is.

Okay, that’s enough out of me.  I’m gonna pour another cup of coffee and get ready for some Airplane.

Rock on!