Saturday, August 15, 2020

Day 154


Day 154, self quarantine:

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Yesterday was a chill, enjoyable day.

I’m trying to spend my birthday weekend away from Donald and his gross friends but I’m sure you’ve seen him sabotaging the United States Post Office in broad daylight, lying that they don’t have the capacity to handle ballots while he’s simultaneously having sorting machines and mailboxes removed from Democratic cities!

Huh.  It’s interesting that the Post Office handled HOW MANY TAX RETURNS ON APRIL 15 prior to the internet without any difficulties?

They always got our check on time.

I hate that motherfucker so much.

I will say this, though.  We’re gonna hear from Michael Cohen, Ghislaine Maxwell, and Volume 5 of the Russia investigation between now and November 3.

Donald is in obvious mental decline this time and people who matter have noticed.

His post office antics are all over local news this morning.

Even Action News is appalled.

It’s about to get very uncomfortable for our despicable little PotusVirus.

And really sickening for us.

Okay, Robin, breathe.  You said No Donald this weekend.

Okay.

Yesterday was birdapalooza at Casa Slick.  The cardinals discovered we replenished the feeders and they partied all day.

Gary and Jake checked up on them periodically to make sure they weren’t overdoing it.

Also, the response to Eric’s new record was phenomenal yesterday, with many fun celebrities weighing in throughout the day (see Eric’s instagram) and then NPR Radio put Closer to Heaven, the duet with Natalie, on its playlist!


So that’s all kinds of awesome.

I have a really good feeling about this record.  I don’t think it’s going to matter there’s not a major label behind it.

I mean, it’s not like musicians can tour.

It’s Eric’s Fifty Shades of Gray.

I dunno, I see how hard Eric has worked throughout his career and more importantly, how he’s always kind to people.  I just feel strongly that he’s going to be an extraordinary success.

Actually, what am I saying, he already is.

Check out his Instagram ❤️.

So last night Gary made french fries for dinner as planned and I scarfed them down without taking a pic but they were awesome.

After obsessing over the four day weather forecast which keeps changing every five minutes, we’ve opted to go to Dog Beach on Monday.

Originally Monday was supposed to be a rain event but now they’re saying partly sunny.  I’m super pissed because all week they said yesterday was supposed to be stormy so we didn’t even consider going and yesterday, which ended up being beautiful, would have been my preferred day.

I’m trying to avoid the weekend and people, though Dog Beach is never really crowded.

Welp, the pizza place will be, so weekends suck in that regard.

So even though today is supposed to be gorgeous, we’re gonna pass and hope it’s nice Monday.  If things work out, I’ll be on the beach on my actual birthday which would be the most perfect thing ever.

I’m happy home, too, it’s all good.  I have a back up plan for dinner here in case it rains - that pasta dish Gary started making this summer with the artichokes, white wine, basil tomatoes and brie.  Omg, it’s INSANE.

So I think that’s it for today. We’re just gonna veg out in front of the television.  There’s morning food shows for me and afternoon hockey playoffs for Gary and Woodstock on the radio in between.

I’m going to try and have nice thoughts.

You should, too.