Sunday, August 09, 2020

Day 148



Day 148, self quarantine:

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Okay, I don’t understand it, either.

Yesterday, there was concrete proof Russia is helping Trump win the election and the GOP is accepting it.

There was also more undisputed proof that Trump is destroying the United States Post Office.

And then, for the cherry on top, he illegally gutted the funding for Social Security and Medicare...and issued his own version of federal unemployment, cutting it in half to $300...and here’s the kicker they’re not talking about...you’ll only get it if your state also kicks in $100 a week.  Since many states are almost bankrupt, they’re not going to be able to come up with the money.

It doesn’t matter, this is all illegal, anyway.



Trump can’t bypass Congress.

Only a dictator can do that.

But there’s thirty million Americans who have zero way to eat without any federal money and at this point, they’re so terrified they’ll probably accept anything.

Donald knows this.  He is evil beyond belief.

So the next few days are going to be interesting.

Or very, very depressing.

Where are the loud and angry Democrats?

Is everyone just going to let this happen?

Okay, I’ll stop.

I’m gonna shift gears.

Yesterday, we had a radiance of cardinals in our backyard and Gary and I were mesmerized.

A “radiance” is what you call a group of cardinals.  Isn’t that the coolest name ever?

Damn, if bands were still a thing, The Radiance is a great band name.

Anyway, not only did they finally use the bird bath, we watched Lou feed baby Lou, Jr. and I even googled it because Gary and I were completely freaked out.

But yeah, the bright red dad feeds the baby while the beige with red tips mom already begins preparing a nest for her next baby.

I couldn’t get any pictures of all the activity in my yard yesterday but Eric got a great pic of Steve, who plants himself in that picnic table all freaking day and stares at us.

Omg I love nature.

I really think I am just going to sit outside and read today and avoid all news.

I’m so over that evil bastard.

If he dies, please text me.

I gotta tell you, I’m at a point where I’m done with anyone and anything that makes me unhappy.

I’m talking back now, and not suffering any fools.

I have nothing to lose at this point, I’m old and almost retired.

Yay quarantine.

Oy.

Okay, I’m outta here.  

Happy Sunday!