Friday, August 07, 2020

Day 146

Day 146, self quarantine:

Friday, August 7, 2020

Omg it’s Friday AND Eric’s here AND there was pizza.

I made everyone pose for this selfie at midnight after Eric drove here 12 hours straight from Nashville and I woke up from a nap on the sofa after trying to stay awake but do you think we were happy to see each other after seven months or what!

Okay, let me take care of some business first.

Today is Bandcamp Friday.

That means there’s a way to support musicians out of work due to Covid-19.

Any purchase you make today goes 100% to the artist, and many are offering one day only special purchases.



Today you can grab Eric’s new record over at Bandcamp before its official release next Friday.


Julie is offering a very special record today as well.


“I Can’t Do That On Stage Anymore 2020” is Julie’s latest... I am thinking it includes her incredible performance of The Fish from Saturday night.

I don’t think I have to remind anyone my kids have been unemployed this year.  I’m pretty proud of how they’re handling everything, but I know how devastating 2020 has been for them and every other musician.

Bandcamp Fridays are a great way to help.

Anyway, I’m too excited with Eric here to spend time writing this morning.  I didn’t even wake up til almost 7:00 today and Eric fell asleep on the sofa.  Jake remembered Eric is here, and that’s actually how I just woke up - Jake was hanging over me, waiting to fly down the steps to see him. Since Gary is snoring like he’s going to sleep until noon, I am coming to you from my office in Julie’s bedroom.

I have a lot to talk about, though, including a new book I just got yesterday that I started reading and couldn’t put down...

And Donald...omg where to begin but I will leave it at Oh yeah, I used to smoke Thigh sticks in the seventies 😂

Congress apparently took a recess without passing relief packages for 40 million Americans out of work, including the $600 federal weekly unemployment that expired last week, so Donald PotusVirus is going to sign executive Orders himself today.

Donald, if you’re listening, how about one of your grandiose, Adderall infused Orders where you give every unemployed American $1200 a week through December 31?  Because that’s what a person needs to survive with dignity in 2020.

Do you believe those Republican bastards are denying and begrudging people $600 a week, $540 after they deduct taxes, for food and shelter?

These are people who pay that for a bottle of wine with dinner without flinching.

I hate those motherfuckers so much.

So Donald didn’t resign, Joe didn’t pick his Vice President yet, and federal unemployment is still not resolved.

But Eric is here and that’s the only prediction I made this week that would have broken my heart if it didn’t happen so all is wonderful in my world.

And today isn’t over yet.

You never know what can happen.

How about that $1200 a week, Donald?