Friday, August 21, 2020

Day 160


Day 160, self quarantine:

Friday, August 21, 2020

And just like that, summer is almost over.

Cool, cool, we’ve been in quarantine during winter, spring and summer and for us, next month will complete the circle with autumn.

So if this were a normal year, last week Gary and Julie would have been at Three of a Perfect Pair Music Camp and Gary is still moping about that so you can imagine how thrilled he was when yesterday I got gifted with this video of him doing some serious Beatles’ jamming from last summer.


I just love it so much I’m kvelling all over the place.

No wonder Gary’s so sad about missing camp this year.

I’m sort of getting resigned to the fact that the rest of 2020 and 2021 are going to be washouts/lost years.

Anyway, I decided Gary and I clearly need another project. We need gratification similar to what we experienced in the backyard.

Time to remodel upstairs.

I’m gonna break the news to him later today.  I want to get started this weekend so we get a jump on it for the last week of August when I’m off.

We both need a new place for our brains to go.  We’re edgy and a little freaked by what’s going on with Donald and it just seems like there’s an endless stream of terrible news.

What I want to know is, how can time be going so slow and fast at the same time?

The days during quarantine seem to last forever yet I can’t freaking believe that aside from our trip to the beach Monday, a lunch out last month, and 2-3 scary trips to Lowes/Target, we’ve been housebound since March 13 and somehow 3/4 of a year has slipped by.

We’re just a few weeks from Christmas commercials.  

Though I just saw one for an artificial tree.

Oy.

It’s probably best we stay busy and upstairs needs everything from a fresh coat of paint to...uh...everything.

It should keep us occupied until the end of the year.

I gotta admit, this is how I always pictured our retirement, minus the no family, no travel, no live music parts.

Though I sure didn’t have birdwatching on our bingo card 😂

I’m feeling skittish about relaxing our isolation rules. Our visit with Eric was awesome and our trip to Ocean City incredible  but we’ve decided we’re going back to strict quarantine.  

We’re not risking it.

I don’t like what I’m reading and I have bad vibes.  My third eye is on all kinds of high alert and I’ve learned to listen to the warnings.

I’ll let you know when I think it’s safe.

Until then, take care of yourselves.

Hmmm...this doesn’t feel like a normal Friday, maybe because I have a ton of work or maybe it’s because we’re not having pizza since we had it Monday, but I’m sure I will feel more celebratory as the day progresses.

I think we could all use a reason to celebrate.

"POTUS takes no responsibility, refuses to lead, blames others, cozies up to dictators, and fans the flames of hate and division. He will wake up every day, believing the job is all about him, never about you. Is that the America you want for you, your family, your children? 

While I’ll be a Democratic candidate, I’ll be an American President,” Joe Biden says as he accepts his party’s nomination.

Yesssss.

I’m so exhausted by the verbally abusive, mentally ill narcissist with the persecution complex currently in the White House. 

To be honest, he reminds me of my late father and I’m triggered every time he speaks.

Good fucking riddance.

And on that note...

Happy Friday!