Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Day 144


Day 144, self quarantine:


Yo, Semite!


Well, you know I had to say it.

How fucking stupid is he?

Rhetorical question.

And here I thought he was saying Good morning to me.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

The Axios interview, in case you missed it yesterday, confirms he’s an idiot, mentally ill, and likely cognitively impaired and/or dementia ridden.

You need to see this.


Feh!

Okay, now on to the really important stuff.

Today is the United States radio premier of my son’s new single, Closer to Heaven, and it’s song of the day on Nashville’s Lightning 100.  It will be broadcast 8:3010:3012:304:308:30 p.m. That’s Nashville time so move it up an hour for eastern, i.e. 9:30 a.m.11:30 etc.


So that’s exciting.  For Gary and me, anyway.

And Eric will be here tomorrow night!

Thank god he didn’t come yesterday.  What the hell was that?  Isaias wut?  It was like the end of the world out there, raining sideways and who needs electricity, right?

Woo that storm was so 2020.

I’m not liking what I’m reading about the east coast and hurricanes this season. Apparently Isaias is the first of many.  


Yay.  Guess we’re stocking up on candles and batteries at Casa Slick.

And chocolate.  

I can’t believe how fast summer is going by.  It’s surreal.

Here’s what else I can’t believe. It’s August 5 and my summer clothes are still in storage.  I have a couple black t-shirts and jeans I wear year round. Any time I get out of my pajamas to go out since quarantine, I just wear jeans and a black t-shirt.  Every couple of wears I throw them the wash.

Omg, I just realized I’ve been wearing the same clothes over and over since March.

Who am I kidding, most of the time when I go out, I wear pajamas but still. Occasionally I get dressed.

What’s crazy is that up until six months ago, I was pretty spoiled and shallow.  I bought myself a whole new work wardrobe every season.

My drawers and closets are overflowing.

Wow.  It occurs to me I should bag all of my work clothes and donate them.  I mean, I’m never getting dressed up in those clothes again.

Passages, baby.

I’ve sort of settled into this weird new life.  So has Gary. We’re both eccentric and unapologetic.

I mean, I have twenty minutes of video footage of a bird eating in our yard this weekend that I geeked out over while recording.

I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been to get a free taste of retirement.  I fucking love it, and that’s without being able to go anywhere!  Wait til I can hop on a plane anytime I want.

Oy, whenever that is.

Tuscanyyyyyyy...

Ooh, speaking of Tuscany, Gary made a leftover cacio e pepe frittata last night.  It was INSANE.

I need to take better food pics, I know, but I’m always too much in a hurry to eat.

You can’t really blame me.

Anyhow, I guess that’s it for today.

Actually, no.  More Eric news.

Here’s a podcast he did with Natalie: https://t.co/nZoGENEahf?amp=1.  


Okay, I’m outta here.

Peace out, apocalypse dudes.