Thursday, August 20, 2020

Day 159



Day 159, self quarantine:

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Okay, I’m cool, everything is fine.

Not really.

But if I don’t take a page out of Gary’s book and live one day at a time and accept things I can’t change or control, I’m gonna lose it.

I just wasn’t aware there were so many ignorant racist xenophobic homophobic people in this country.

How else do I explain Donald Trump not being dragged from the White House in handcuffs or a straight jacket this week?

Forgive me if I didn’t know, I live in Philadelphia, my friends are all musicians and writers, I’m a sheltered east coast liberal.

My heart is broken and I’m trying not to feel defeated, but things are really bad in America and I know I’m preaching to the choir here so I’ll stop.

It’s just that I’ve so had enough of that horrible, horrible man and the horrible, horrible people who support him and I really am terrified he has no intention of leaving, even if he loses in a landslide.

I’ll say it again, I’m scared.

And exhausted.

However, Obama’s speech last night was brilliant and uplifting and it was all kinds of awesome to see Donald completely lose his shit all over Twitter because Barack tore him a new asshole on international television.

Kamala was also triumphant and brilliant, filled with grace and beautiful...everything Donald and CottonTop are not.

I hope it’s not too late to save us.

In other news, something happened at work a couple of days ago that I normally would have been all over, hysterically texting my boss the minute it happened.

Instead, I shrugged.

My boss, however, noticed my absence of reaction and brought it up yesterday, three days after the fact.

I shrugged it off again and quickly changed the subject.

Now I feel guilty because he knows me and I’m sure he’s wondering what’s up.

I can’t help it, quarantine  has changed everything. I can’t sweat the small stuff anymore and I have zero tolerance for anyone who does.  I no longer obsess over going back to the office during this pandemic or even think about it because I’m not doing it.

My former self has left the building forever.

There’s those passages again.

So what else.  Focus, Robin, think of something funny.

Okay, Gary’s pants fell down in Ocean City.

Truth.  He’s been eating mostly vegetarian with me since the pandemic and because I see him every day, I didn’t realize he’s lost about ten pounds.  He wasn’t heavy to begin with.

Anyway, he got out of the car and stood up and stretched and his shorts fell down to his ankles and I pretty much lost it, laughing.

So there’s that.

Oh, this is pretty cool.  My cousin Sherrie sent me a picture of my grandmother Rose.  I’ve only seen one other photo, she died when my mother was 16.

I’m named after her.

Rose is the one with the darker hair in a topknot and holy moly is it just me or do Eric and I look just like her?

Standing next to Rose is her sister, Rebecca.

I know Facebook is evil but this is the content and people I’m here for.

That, and music.

Oh, and pictures of food.

I should just stay on Facebook food pages until November 3, huh.

As if.

Anyway, happy Thursday.