Sunday, November 01, 2020

Day 232

 


Day 232, self quarantine:


Sunday, November 1, 2020

We’re now in month eight of quarantine.

The human garbage in the White House did four Nazi rallies in Pennsylvania yesterday.

I can’t even.

And then, when he heard about a convoy of his hideous supporters trying to run the Biden campaign bus off the road in Texas, he tweeted, “I LOVE TEXAS!”

Two more days.

I wish I felt more confident.

I’m fucking terrified.

I’ve learned how stupid and ugly the people in this country are and I know I shouldn’t be shocked but I still am.

How was he not arrested holding four Nazi rallies in PA when we’ve been told stay inside and my kids have been prevented from making music all fucking year?

When we’re being told it’s too dangerous to have Thanksgiving dinner with our families?

When he and his administration have totally abandoned millions of Americans out of work and hungry, and literally thousands of businesses tottering on bankruptcy thanks to zero policy on the pandemic?

And now the rift with Dr. Fauci has blown wide open, as Donald has ditched him and the entire coronavirus task force in favor of Dr. Scott Atlas, a fucking radiologist who appeared on Fox News and caught Donald’s eye.

He believes in sacrificing millions of Americans for herd immunity.

Herd immunity doesn’t work.

Donald is an accomplice to murder.

So that’s it, I can’t do or say anymore but of course I will probably think of something choice between now and Tuesday.

Yesterday was actually a pretty good day.  I had zero candy, and we took a drive, played outdoors with Jake, and finally began a project we’ve been talking about since we finished the backyard - we reorganized all of our vinyl.  

You might think that’s easy but we’ve been collecting for over fifty years.

There’s bins filled with vinyl in every room of this house.

We laughed back in the late eighties when everyone switched to CDs overnight and we happily accepted our friends’ donations when they gleefully purged their own vinyl collections.

It wasn’t until we turned off the news and started playing music 24/7 and I posted the pic of our house the other night that I realized what an unorganized disaster our vinyl had become. 

In fact, I’ve  been tripping over a box of records in Julie’s room since quarantine.

So we’re almost finished, I alphabetized and categorized all day, Gary redid the actual shelves to make sure they could hold the weight of thousands of records, and at midnight last night we were still putting them back.

We’re up to the letter “D.”

If you would see my living room right now you would wonder how I’m sitting here so zen. There’s records everywhere.  


But it’s going to be awesome when it’s done!

Omg, to actually have any record I want to hear easy to find and at my fingertips!

Haha, I know we are not normal and I am way happy about that.

We pretty much decided we’re done with television.

There’s no sports until next year, except for football, and for the first time since we’re together, Gary has completely lost interest.

I was the one who told him the Eagles are playing Dallas tonight.

His response was, “Oh, yeah?”

This time last year we would have planned our weekend around that game.

Crazy, huh.

So Gary is all excited he’s getting an extra hour sleep today and he’s going out for bagels early and then we’re going to finish this project and move on to the next one.

The kitchen.

Oy, I am pretty scared about that one, but Gary has actually gotten a lot better about spending money.

I think he finally realizes what’s the point.

Life is short and we may be stuck indoors for another year.

When we stay busy and it looks nice in here, for just a little while, we can pretend we’re A-okay and everything is fine.

I’m actually thinking of asking for ceramic tile for Christmas, what I want for the backsplash in our kitchen will make Gary have a seizure but this house is tiny.  A tile might cost $30 a square foot but I doubt I have more than ten square feet to cover.

Anyway, I am jumping ahead.  First I have to get him to part with stuff in our overflowing cabinets, like the avocado green and turquoise plastic salad bowl set someone gave us in the early eighties when we owned a boat.

Sigh...our poor kids when we die.

So that’s it for today, I am going to make a fresh pot of coffee and wake Gary for bagels.

Hey, he got an extra hour sleep!

Happy Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment