Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Day 249


Day 249, self quarantine:

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Is it just me or are the two weeks since the election the longest two weeks since the year of March, 2020?

Anyway, the pencil tree arrived yesterday and as planned, it’s the perfect size to leave up until the kids can safely be here to celebrate, after which it will be installed permanently year ‘round in my office/Julie’s bedroom upstairs where it absolutely belongs.

I know right now it looks like the mummified version of Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree but trust me on this, I have a vision, and I am posting this as a
“before” pic for fun.

Gary’s going to fetch the lights and ornaments from the basement today and I’m decorating it after work tonight so I will hopefully have the “after” picture soon and also hopefully it’s not going to be like putting lipstick on a pig.

I know it is but we have awesome ornaments.

Okay, so I can only fit about ten of them...sob...

Nah, it’s gonna be fine.

I told you, I have a vision.

It’ll be nice to have a
lit up, decorated  tree at Thanksgiving.  I haven’t discussed this with Gary yet, but I’m thinking of making us get dressed up for dinner.

I’ve been sadly looking at my overflowing jewelry chest lately. It’s filled with so many cool pieces I’ve collected over the years...it’s almost a year since I’ve worn anything other than my wedding band.

And while I did give away a lot of clothes, I kept a few nice things.

So yeah, I could see getting dressed up for dinner.

At least my top half, anyway.  My bottom half might prefer elastic waist pajama pants at dinner.

Gah, I haven’t worn shoes or boots since March, either.  That might be asking too much. But hey hey, I’m rocking fake leopard fur slippers!

They’ll do.

In other news, omg, why do I keep reading stories about people who are wearing masks and staying home and still getting the virus?

This is really stressing me out.

President Joe, a real mitigation plan and the vaccine can’t get here soon enough!

As well as January 20, 2021 in general.

So is anyone getting scared by Donald and the possibility of a coup or should we keep calling him an irrelevant sore loser?

I’m gonna stick with the latter for now.

But it’s getting really hard to ignore what he’s been up to, huh.

And on that note, I’m off to paralegal world.

Happy Wednesday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment