Sunday, November 15, 2020

Day 246


 

Day 246, self quarantine:

Sunday, November 15, 2020

“Tonight we reached another dire U.S. coronavirus milestone: For the first time, we recorded 1 million new cases in a single week.

1 out of every 324 people in the country have been identified as positive this week — an average of 145,712 people each day.”

nytimes.com/interactive/20…

I’m so scared.

I just read the obituary of someone who used to do my hair.

Coronavirus.

He leaves a shattered spouse of forty years.

You know Ms. Overactive Thinker here.  I almost spiraled into a panic attack at 5:00 a.m. this morning.

The what ifs...

Okay, I’ll stop.  This is out of my control. What is in my control is staying indoors and Gary knows this, too, but of course I am also reading stories of infected people who did everything right.

And still they got the virus.

And still they died.

I have it on authority Governor Wolfe is going to ask everyone who can, to return to remote work on Monday.  This doesn’t affect me, my boss knows I’m working remote or not at all but I worry about everyone else.

I’ve been so obsessed over Donald and the election and so much in acceptance mode about the virus after eight months of quarantine I forgot to keep worrying that the people I love and I are in serious danger.

Oy.

How much more can we take?

Look, I’m very careful about who I follow on Twitter.  I know the difference between legitimate scholars and news people and internet “legends” like Lincoln’s Bible.  But whoever that is, she’s been right about everything and people I respect follow her. Here’s what she said yesterday:

“No one is prepared for what Hanukkah-Christmas is going to be like.

The time to listen to our healthcare front line is now.

We won’t get a federal response to the raging pandemic until donald, Jared, & Pence are gone.

We have a horror to live through. It will change us forever
And by “no one is prepared”, I don’t mean no one is isolating or stocking up on toilet paper.

I speaking to the emotional, spiritual, mental, & societal horror of witnessing mass death, while health care systems are pushed to the brink of collapse.

It will change us.”

Watching interviews with medical experts
on MSNBC and reading grim statistics out of John Hopkins, I shuddered reading her tweets because I know it’s true.

As if we’re not battered enough by 2020.

My advice to myself is to stay physically busy and absolutely live in the moment.  That includes putting my phone down.

I have to.

So today will be spent trimming the tree and beginning Project Kitchen, which will take us through December.

For the best and most recent Donald news, someone suggested I follow Heather Cox Richardson on Facebook and boy am I sorry to be late to that party, she gives the most intelligent analysis of the day’s events of anyone so if you’re not following her, do it.

Be good to yourselves.

My tip today for that is Bassetts Ice Cream sandwiches.

Omg, Gary used to buy them for the kids and brought them home.  I devoured them.

I can see they’re going to be a “problem” for me.  

Oh well.

Things like being skinny don’t really matter anymore, huh.

Happy Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment