Friday, November 20, 2020

Day 251



Day 251, self quarantine:

Friday, November 20, 2020

Well?  Did I tell you I had a vision?

My pencil tree is adorable.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

I was actually happy for a few minutes last night.

But oy, Donald, what are you doing to me?

A coup?  Really?

Four years of sleepless nights and now this, just in time for our miserable holidays, without our families or sick or both?

Really?

Since I’ve watched him not be held accountable for anything including sailing through impeachment and as an accomplice to the deaths of 250,000 Americans, sure, why not?

I’m terrified, actually, but I feel terrified in general these days, what with gun violence, global warming, and oh yeah, a pandemic.

I gave up pills and drinking WHY?

Oh I’m kidding, I still drink.

Anyway, this morning I have to send my boss the Answer and Memorandum of Law I’ve worked on all week and I swear, it’s like being back in school and turning in a paper all over again but worse.  I’m filled with so much self doubt it’s ridiculous.

Fun fact, kiddies. I knew being old would be a drag, but I thought, hey, at least I’ll finally be comfortable in my own skin because I won’t give a shit anymore.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, wrong.

Anyway, I’m nervous because it was something I’ve never done before and while I know my writing is good, I’m always nervous I missed the legal point.

Oh well.  That’s the nice thing about being at the end of my career.  It is what it is.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Oh god, I better go upstairs and take another look at this thing before I send it.

I need cookies.

This is not going to be an easy Friday.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment