Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Day 234

 


Day 234, self quarantine:

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

This is it.

Day 234.  


I like it.

So yes, as you might expect, I’m a complete mess this morning.

I would love to be able to tell you positive, happy peppy Robin woke up today and shouted, “Woo hoo, it’s Christmas Eve! I’m getting a pony!”

Okay, I’ll stop.

We all know there is no such thing as positive, happy, peppy Robin.

The real Robin woke up today wishing she had whiskey in the house so she could have a shot at 5:00 a.m.

Among other things.

Listen, I’ve been an unwilling actor/hostage in Donald’s cheesy reality show for almost four years.

We’re finally at the cliffhanger finale.

I’m a whole new level of terrified.

Up until today, the scariest day in my life was September 11, when I picked my kids up at school and we ran all the way home, thinking it was World War III.

Before that, it was when I was still a young girl and the doctor came out of surgery to tell me my mother had a malignant, inoperable brain tumor.

So yes, I care about my country and yes, I’m scared and I’m crying already this morning.

In other news, my boss is so cool.

Yesterday he called me and said, “I totally understand if you can’t focus and want to put off anything until Wednesday.”

Whew.

Though I think I’m actually better off upstairs in my office and concentrating on work.

We’ll see.

I don’t know what’s going to happen.

One minute at a time.

So do any of you have anything nice planned for yourself later tonight or tomorrow?  

I’ve had my eye on something.  I told myself I am going to gift myself with it if Joe wins.

Conversely, if Donald wins I am going to do something horrible.

Oh, no I’m not, I’m just kidding. But if god forbid he wins, I’m certainly going to be putting my phone down for a few days while I try and figure out our next step and researching what other countries will still have us.

I saw a few memes here yesterday, telling people no matter who wins, they’re still going to wake up happy, go to work, and love everyone.

There’s only one problem with those cheery, little memes.

Thanks to Donald, millions of Americans are out of work, and have no work to go to tomorrow.

Thanks to Donald, 233,000 Americans are dead.  Our friends and family members.

Thanks to Donald, millions of Americans have been quarantined since March and haven’t been able to see or hug the people they love.

So yeah, nice gesture, nice sentiment, those memes, but...

NO.

IT FUCKING MATTERS WHO IS ELECTED PRESIDENT.  LIVES ARE IN THE BALANCE.

Oh my God, how do people not realize this?

I am panic attacking again.

Okay, I need to put my phone down now and watch the Holiday Baking Championship to get out of this head. It’s a two hour show, I taped it last night.

Until we meet again...

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment