Friday, November 13, 2020

Day 244


Day 244, self quarantine:

Friday, November 13, 2020

Woo, I am back to being really, really terrified of Covid-19.


Honestly, it’s spiraling out of control while our President continues to bizarrely and untruthfully insist he won the election and has completely abdicated his duty.

Newly woke Gary doesn’t understand how his behavior isn’t tantamount to attempting to throw over the government and he doesn’t understand why he hasn’t been arrested.

I have to admit, I agree with him.

Today marks month eight of quarantine for Gary and me.  That’s 2/3 of a year.

Unbelievable.

2/3 of a year since I’ve seen my boss in person or eaten inside a restaurant or gone to see live music.

Ten months since we’ve seen Julie, Katie and Natalie.

Eric and Natalie bought a house and have already been living there six months.

Julie and Katie are moving to a new house this week.

Gary and I have basically not left ours since March.

And life goes on.

It can’t be January 20, 2021 soon enough.

I’m so tired of fighting down daily waves of terror, anger and depression.

All caused by a morbidly obese ignoramus in clown makeup and a yak wig.

Un-fucking real.

On behalf of an exhausted nation and me, someone please make it stop.  

Please.

So I got an awesome Facebook memory today.  Pics and fun video of Julie, Eric, Adrian and Andre on tour in Istanbul, Turkey:


I don’t think anyone will ever take live music for granted again, huh.

In other news, I got Gary to agree to an artificial Christmas tree.  We’re picking it up after I’m done working today.

It was so easy to get him to say yes, I’m wishing I piggybacked some more requests onto that one, like French doors and a new kitchen floor.

He agrees with my reasons for wanting an artificial tree, and even thinks it’s a good idea, especially leaving it up until the kids can safely visit, but you should have seen his face when I said the words out loud that we’re probably spending the holidays alone.

I mean, he knew.  Woke Gary now watches MSNBC all the time. (Too funny.  He kept talking about what “Williams” said and I had no idea who Williams was.  I didn’t ask because I was too afraid he told me a story about “Williams” while I was looking at my phone and not paying attention.  It turns out “Williams” is Brian Williams at MSNBC and Gary watches him after I go to bed following Trevor Noah’s monologue.)

“What if the tree is still up in June?” he asked.

“I’m cool with that!” I said brightly, ignoring the nauseous pit in my stomach.

I really am fine with a decorated tree in my living room year round. It’s the only thing this place is missing.

Welp, that and a greenhouse growing hydroponics. 😎

So that’s it for today. We’re gonna have takeout Chinese tonight.  Omg, Fairmount people, why am I the last person in the ‘hood to know about i-Tea?  


Mmm...can’t wait. Their food is incredible.

Though last night Gary made ravioli in a white wine butter sauce with artichokes and fresh tomatoes and I think I swooned all during dinner.

Yep, I’m a lucky girl.

Okay, I’m going upstairs to bang out work early so I can call it a day early though actually it’s the sabbath and my office closes early on Fridays in the winter, anyway.

Happy Friday!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment