Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Day 242

 



Day 242, self quarantine:

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

“Hey, Rob, you have a package,” Gary yelled from downstairs.

Music to the ears of any quarantine dweller.

I flew down the steps.

I didn’t order anything, at least not that I remembered.

I looked at the thick brown package.

“It’s from Julie!” I shouted.

I tore that taped up sucker open with bare strength!

Omg, what a package.

It contained my favorite things in life: chocolate, music and art!

It was such a terrific surprise, for no reason, though Katie included a really lovely note about missing us and wishing they could visit...

Damn pandemic.

The virus news is kind of terrible right now.

I talked to Eric yesterday.  We’re still planning Thanksgiving, but I don’t really know if it should happen and we’re taking it a day at a time.

After reading some very alarming statistics this morning, I am just thankful my family is healthy. That’s enough Thanksgiving for me.

So anyway, naturally after getting that fabulous surprise package from Julie, we had to FaceTime.

I wish you guys could see Jake’s routine during these calls.  He absolutely knows it’s Julie, he runs to the front door crying, then he races back and participates in the call.

Julie was able to capture a picture and it is pretty much everything to me this morning.

What’s really crazy is look what’s in the background of this pic - Julie’s record!  When Gary put the records away last week, we held the kids’ records out - Gary wanted to make them their own section.

So that’s kind of cool, huh.

In other news, I’m still not going to acknowledge what the fuck is going on in the White House because I don’t want to give that insanity any of my time or any more power.

But you know I’m about to explode.

We’ll see how long I can continue to keep it in.

Probably not much longer.

DONALD? YO, DONALD!  YOU LOST, BRO.  YOU. LOST.

Deal with it.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment