Thursday, November 12, 2020

Day 243

 

Day 243, self quarantine:

Thursday, November 12, 2020

You know I’m dying to write about what’s going on.

It’s disgraceful and dangerous and I can’t believe it’s happening.

I really don’t want to give it any more power.

The virus is way more concerning.

We have serious problems.

I’m back to wanting 100% quarantine, with no trips to any stores. I’ve basically stuck to that with few exceptions but Gary goes for groceries 1-2 x a week.

I’m terrified.

Cases in Philadelphia have literally doubled. Hospitals are overflowing.

I’m reading stories of healthy, younger people who wore masks and washed their hands and got COVID-19 anyway.

And died.

And our *snort* super spreader President hasn’t attended a virus task force meeting in months.

In fact, he’s totally stopped working.

Unless you count his hourly airing of grievances via Twitter.

It’s like they announced Biden won on Saturday, we had 24 hours of beautiful celebrations across the nation, we all went to bed stress free for the first time in four years, only to slip back into the darkest, deepest hole of our country’s lifetime a day later.

I don’t know what’s going to happen but I do wonder where the adults in the room are.

We let someone who’s akin to a serial killer run wild.

And now we’re letting him stay in our house, which he is clearly getting ready to burn down.

If you’re not bothered by this, bless your heart.

Happy Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment