Thursday, July 30, 2020

Day 138


Day 138, self quarantine:

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Omg, this week isn’t over yet? 

Haha, I’m spoiled by three Fridays in a row off but this Friday is my boss’ getaway day before vacation and next Friday he’s away, so my Fridays off are on hold until my next vacation day on Friday, August 14.

After which I’m also taking Monday, August 17 off as one does on their birthday.

Oh cool I get a Zoom birthday this year.

Actually, Zoom would be more than I usually have.  Julie and Eric are always on tour during the summer.  I don’t remember the last time I had everyone here on my actual birthday.

And I’m just kidding about Zoom.  FaceTime works fine.

I’m laughing because every year for my birthday I usually buy myself something cool, usually handmade jewelry I find on Etsy and this year I’m like, jewelry, what’s that?

Etsy also sells homemade baked goods and chocolate, did you know that?

Go to Etsy and type “homemade dessert” in the search bar if you’re a freak like me and want to spend an enjoyable couple of hours.

I’m not doing it, I have Gary. 

But I get ideas from looking and all I have to do is say Strawberry mousse cups with milk chocolate and he’ll be all over it.

What’s really crazy is that despite all my talk about desserts, I notice I’m losing my sweet tooth during quarantine.  I’d rather eat spicy food and tart fruit.  Go figure.

I want French fries all the time.

Okay, that’s always been the case but still.

Let’s see, what else.

There’s a lot of bad stuff in the news today but Donald is dragging his right leg, sweating profusely, slurring his words, and making less sense than usual.

We may be getting lucky.  

Yesterday he tweeted this:

“I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood. Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down. I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!”

He’s doing the White Nationalist thing in broad daylight now.

He’s a stone cold racist.

If you still support him, so are you.

In my mind, with 150K Covid deaths in this country, he’s also the worst PERSON, not just President, in American history.

Okay, just so you know where I stand on this.

Sigh.

In better news, our new bird feeder will be here today.  At first Gary got annoyed when I told him, but after despondently realizing that only Steve and Eydie were eating from his feeders the last two days...maybe because he BOUGHT squirrel feeders, Gary is now excited an award winning feeder designed for cardinals only is on its way here.

And yesterday...heart be still...I made serious progress toward Gary getting an iPhone.

“Where are you going?” he asked me frantically yesterday at 2:00 p.m.

I looked at him strangely.

“Uh...upstairs back to work? It’s 2:00.  Lunch is over.”

“Lou is here with the guys!  Can you leave your phone here so I can get some pics?”

“No, I can’t leave my phone here!  My boss texts me, my coworkers text me, and clients call me.”

“Oh.”

He looked so dejected, I went for it.

“I really don’t understand why you won’t let me get you an iPhone.  You’re a rebel without a cause.  You can’t text with the kids, you can’t take pics or record video when you walk Jake, you call me from your 15 year old flip phone and you yell at me when we can’t hear each other like it’s my fault. It’s not like you’re working anymore and your coworkers will tease you that you’re no longer a hippie because you have an iPhone...”

I looked at him hopefully.  I’ve been attempting this for how many years now?

I went in for the kill.

“You’ll be able to communicate with all the people you won’t see at music fantasy camp this summer.”

Gary blushed and gave me a sheepish half smile.

He didn’t say no.

I think this is gonna happen.

Oh man.  I had to get back to work after having two unproductive days.

I’m gonna bring it up again. This time I will talk about the safety aspect and why he needs a WORKING phone.

Also the fact he won’t have to use a 12 year old Garmin navigation system in our car, though what worries me is our Lexus has built in navigation and Gary spitefully never learned how to use that, either.

Because hippies don’t need up to date navigation systems.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oy.  My life.

People, remember this.  The grass is never greener.

And on that note, I better get my head in gear for another super early start at work.

Rock on!