Saturday, July 11, 2020

Day 119


Day 119, self quarantine:

Happy Saturday!

Today is music day at Casa Slick.  I have it in my head that Eric’s song is going to get a little special attention on the radio this morning so we’ll see if I’m right.

Oh man, Natalie and Eric’s concert broadcast last night was so much fun! Hopefully they’ll put it on line and yeah, Gary and I were watching and saw ourselves several times and Julie was watching from Seattle, too.

I miss my family so much.

I miss live music so much.

And speaking of music, if you tuned in to see Natalie last night, hopefully you also got to see Kingfish Ingram, who was broadcast first.

Oh my fucking god.


It’s as if B.B. King and Jimi Hendrix had a love child.

I never heard of him until last night and I just went down quite the rabbit hole on You Tube.  His version of Purple Rain is extraordinary.  

Time to buy some new music.

So I’ve been working on my “perfect song” playlist and Gary wants in on it.  Even though our taste is almost the same, nope, it’s not.  We love prog, blues and rock, but Gary likes stuff like AC/DC where, as you know, I go the other way with Miley Cyrus and even folk music.

Okay, yeah, it’s true, I fucking love folk music.

Don’t tell Gary.

Haha he knows.  I think he likes it, too, but he’s never going to put on a Tom Rush record when he’s listening to music.

I fucking love Tom Rush.

I’m listening to his cover of Joni Mitchell’s Urge for Going right now.  If that doesn’t bring you to your knees, I’m sorry.

Urge for Going is a perfect song.

So now we’re preparing dueling lists.  Mine is finished...I think...and I will get Gary to give me his this weekend.  I’m curious to see if we have any the same.

Yes, we are music nerds.  I’m going to post our lists so you will be suffering along 😎

In other news, I’m too disgusted and furious to say anything about the criminal squatting in the White House other than I hope a lifetime of eating gross, greasy food catches up with him in the bigliest way possible.

Today, please.

Make it painful.

And double it for his supporters.  Triple the agony if they’re fans of Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, or that tool, Matt Gaetz.

All of you burn in hell, but wait, not before suffering debilitating strokes which leave you drooling and pooping in your wheelchairs.

We’re running out of time if we want to save our democracy from a transatlantic kleptocracy.

Read, people.  Educate yourselves.  Fox News isn’t real.  Rush Limbaugh is a racist pig.  I’d say take action but I don’t know what the fuck to do.  I’m throwing money at some Democratic candidates but at this point I think I would rather spend money on some new original art for my walls.

Any of you selling your work? Email me.  I’m interested.

So I think that’s it for today. My day off yesterday was so enjoyable I could definitely get used to more days off...like permanently.  It was dark and stormy and it was a great day to be indoors.

As if we can go anywhere else.

Oy, what a mess.

Oh well.  As always, let’s make the best of it.  Here’s to a day of good health, good music, and good food.

Hey, everyone should be able to manage at least one of those, right?

Enjoy.