Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Day 130


Day 130, self quarantine:

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

So here’s Eric’s new song, Closer to Heaven, which also features his lovely wife, Natalie ❤️

https://youtu.be/02AxgExePWk

Ahhh... I needed that today.

I’m told the video will be out this afternoon.  I’ll post it as soon as it’s up.

Hey, it’ll be nice to “see” Eric again.

Sob.

Also, we learned yesterday that the last single from his record, When it Comes Down to It, just made NPR’s World Cafe’s Best New Music List!


It’s been getting a lot of radio play and Gary is now a local celebrity at Klein’s grocery store where they broadcast WXPN all day.

Haha tell me he doesn’t love walking into the store and hearing, “Yo, Gary, we heard your son on the radio!  Great tune!”

I’m a little nervous today because Gary is going out for some “extracurricular shopping.”  I was right he’s feeling blue and yesterday, when he was poking through his guitars and lamenting some need a little work and tender loving care, I suggested he visit Danny’s Guitars in Narberth today. Oy, I hope it’s safe but it’s a small neighborhood shop and it’s gotta be as safe as the supermarket and he’s been going there since quarantine.


Anyway, his whole face lit up at my suggestion and it’s all he talked about last night so I didn’t express any fears I have about the trip, especially since it was my idea.

Oy, what a way to live.

In other news, I don’t want to scare anyone but Desperate Donald seems to be starting a war with China to take the focus off his gross mismanagement of the pandemic.


So cool, cool, we really are all gonna die.  

I may as well also send Gary out for cinnamon sugar donuts when he goes guitar shopping.  I mean, why bother to deprive myself of anything more?

Maybe when they come for me I’ll be too fat to fit out the front door.

Hmmm.  Sounds like a plan.

I think I’m a little sad, too. Since I can’t go shopping today and I have a rather unfortunate work load, I’m going to try to stay away from the news and just concentrate on getting stuff done.

See you on the flip side.