Sunday, July 19, 2020

Day 127


Day 127, self quarantine:

Sunday, July 19, 2020

So the rumor is true - downtown Philadelphia has completely lost its mind and it’s Christmas in July and I am so here for that it’s ridiculous.

Look at 12th Street.  It’s glorious.

“Can you make cookies?” I asked Gary after I showed him the pic.

“What took you so long?”  Gary asked.  “I’ve been waiting for that question since March 13.

“I honestly don’t know. Probably calories.  But I weighed 135 this morning so that means you can make thumbprints and almond cookies.”

He broke out laughing.

“I love your logic.  You don’t want peanut butter cup cookies why? Because you don’t weigh 125?”

“Exactly.  Conversely, if I weighed 140, I’d ask for oatmeal raisin.”

Gary rolled his eyes.

“And if you weighed 150?”

“I wouldn’t ask you to bake cookies in a million years.”

“Really?  Never?”  

“Never.  I’d buy them and hide them all over the house and eat them in the bathroom while you walked Jake.”

“What? You do that?”  He honestly looked shocked. 

Huh?  Has he not lived with me for a hundred years?

Hmmm.  I must be a very successful sneak eater.  Yay me!

I blushed and twisted a lock of hair nervously around my finger.

“Nah, I’m kidding.”

“No, you’re not.  Jesus Christ. You hide food?  Do you need to go to rehab?  Why do you eat in the bathroom if I’m out walking Jake?”

“In case you forgot a bag and had to come right back in.”

Gary, who was sitting on the sofa hugging and kissing the dog, replied, “You’re insane. Jake, Mommy is insane.  Tell her, Jake.”

Jake looked over, yawned, and gave me his paw.

I reached over and shook it.  “I love you, Jake.”

“Jake, tell Mommy she’s a lunatic”

“Jake, tell Daddy he’s making out with a dog and asking him to berate his own mother.”

Jake jumped off the sofa to get the hell away from both of us.

Oy, this apocalypse and too much time together is brutal.

Nah, I truly love it.

Well, most of the time, the hanging out with Gary and Jake part.

And the working from home in my pajamas part.

And clearly the eating part, including the Christmas cookies in July part.

That’s it, though.

Everything else is crap but I gotta look at the bright side or I really will go nuts.

So today will be all about July Christmas cookies and maybe even presents.

Why the hell not.

Happy Holidays!