Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Day 137

Day 137, self quarantine:

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Working in Julie’s room
Is so fun - it’s like being set down in this insanely awesome flea market.  I can’t believe she left all this cool stuff behind!



I had the feather boa the mannequin is wearing wrapped around Jake for a brief second but he immediately shook it off and shot me the look you see in the photo.



Haha the same look as when I wore the hats and danced around him.  



“What fresh hell is this?”

Sigh...I know.  I completely lost my mind yesterday.

It actually all started Monday.

I innocently went on line to fill prescriptions for my blood pressure/heart medication, just like I do every month.  I hit submit.

Five minutes later I got an email saying my prescriptions couldn’t be refilled.

Since my prescriptions are good until the end of October and I pretty much need them to live, I got a little upset.

Which isn’t good if you have high blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat and only have one pill each left and the last place you want to go during a pandemic is a hospital.

I’ll spare you the details of the massive computer glitch that said I had two different insurance coverages for prescriptions and my exasperation that I couldn’t just freaking pay cash until the insurance was resolved, although when I learned what it cost, jfc, I better never be without insurance.

Anyway, this debacle started Monday morning and didn’t get resolved until 3:30 yesterday when Gary was finally able to pick up my pills.

I kept apologizing to my boss but I was literally on the phone for two days.

By the 87th conference call with all kinds of assorted insurance  people, I cracked.

I could have started hollering and cursing and driven up my blood pressure a little more.

Instead I threw my hands up in the air, cranked up the music, and put on some hats I’d been eyeing in Julie’s room since I first set up my office in here.

What else could I do?

Haha, prior to quarantine, I was pretty vain.  The fact that I’m posting these hat pics unfiltered proves I no longer care about such mundane things as clean hair or real clothing and I have zero fucks left to give.

It’s so damn liberating I can’t even begin to tell you.

And then I went downstairs to watch my birds and omg, I can’t even believe what happened next.

Lou flew right up to our screen door, chirped really loudly, and looked in at us.

“Did you see that?” Gary gasped.

“I did!  Omg, Gary, it must be mating season!  He came looking for you!”

And then Lou came back with two friends!  Or family members, who knows, what I do know is they’re all guys, based on what Google tells me about cardinals.

Wait, three cardinals — does that mean we get 3x the luck?

Three resignations?  Alright!

I’ll take Donald, Mike Pence and Bill Barr.

Gary was pissed, the birds didn’t eat any food from the feeder but that’s because he bought the wrong one and that should be rectified today or tomorrow when evil Amazon delivers the correct one to me.

I also got us a birdbath.

Anyway, yeah, we had three cardinals in our yard at once. So why didn’t I get a pic of Lou, Ted and Murray?

Because my phone was in use, listening to BBC Scotland.

I know, right?

Eric texted me that he was just tagged in a tweet from Roddy Hart, a DJ at Radio Scotland, that he was about to play some music from Eric Slick.

I immediately went on Twitter like I wasn’t there already, found the tweet, followed the link, and listened live.

It’s so surreal that we can do things like that.

Anyway, he played Closer to Heaven!  It sounded AMAZING.  It hasn’t been played here yet so it was awesome to hear it on BBC radio...and then after the song, the DJ went on and on about Eric and Natalie, and about how Eric is the happiest drummer he ever saw play live.

And he said all this in the coolest Scottish accent.

Gary and I got all teary eyed.

How incredible that I wrapped up 24 hours of misery with something so awesome.

And that’s why I didn’t get pics of Lou, Ted or Murray yesterday.

But I will.

And I’m really grateful.  I know that I’m blessed to be able to walk away from a crap day via three cardinals in my yard and my son and daughter-in-law on BBC radio.

I mean, really.

And then Gary made breakfast for dinner and we had home fries and cinnamon toast with our eggs so, no, it doesn’t get any better.

Well, if there wasn’t a pandemic and we were on a beach somewhere with our family...

So really, the only thing that sucks is I’m currently two days behind at work.  Not good.  But I know what I have to do today, I simply need to focus and get it done.

I will.

I just can’t try on any hats today.

The trick will be to still do that mentally.

Okay then!

Carry on, my wayward ones.