Saturday, July 18, 2020

Day 126


Day 126, self quarantine:

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Ah, Saturday.  Gary has some of his sports back - I’m pretty sure today involves both soccer and auto racing - but I don’t care, I’m going to chill regardless.

So as you can see, I moved Flo and Eddie out in the garden and of course they look awesome.  (Flo is the flamingo and Eddie is the peacock, duh)

They make me smile every time I look out there.

I’m not smiling about what’s going on in Portland.

Secret police really?

That may be the scariest thing in that monster’s presidency yet and that’s really saying something.

I’m exhausted already looking at the news this morning.

It must be nice to be a person who doesn’t watch or read the news and can bury their heads in the sand and act like nothing terrible is happening.

I’ll fill you in.  Deaths from coronavirus in America are spiraling out of control.  Trump has ordered hospitals to send the data to him, not the Center for Disease Control.

Do you know what that means in the simplest of terms?

He either lies and tells us the virus has been contained, or lies and says it’s so bad, he has to institute marshal law.

A few hours ago, he confirmed he’s not going to issue a national mask mandate.


But by all means, protect statues, Donald.

Also in the news today, civil rights activist Rep. John Lewis has died.

“Be hopeful, be optimistic. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble. We will find a way to make a way out of no way.”
-John Lewis

Oh that our government was made up of similar humans.

I’m already bracing for Trump’s insincere tweet.

If he even mentions it.

Oh my god, how did the most awful person in the world become our President?

It’s a rhetorical question.  I know how.  Cheating and racism that is the ugly underbelly of America.

The sun’s shining pretty brightly on that ugly underbelly now, huh.

It’s even more hideous in broad daylight.

Oy, sorry, I am just so sad and furious.

Have I mentioned I miss my kids?

But I just read something terrible from Bob Lefsetz.  A friend of his, who I’m going to assume is close to my age, is in hospice.  He quarantined and did everything right, until recently.

His granddaughter came for a visit after visiting friends in a distant state, and she brought him back the virus and now he’s dying.


Can you imagine the horror his granddaughter will live with for the rest of her life?

I’m sitting here crying all over again.

No way am I doing that to my kids.  Guys, I miss you so much my heart hurts but even if it means the holidays via Zoom, we’re staying quarantined until this is over.

Oh god.

I’m trying to think of something funny to change the tone of this post but I got nothing.

Except please stay safe and hug your loved ones if you’re lucky enough to be quarantined together.

Peace out.