Monday, July 20, 2020

Day 128


Day 128, self quarantine 

Monday, July 20, 2020

I’ve lost track of what week this is.  18?  19?  At this point, who cares, we’re counting months and we’re well into month four.

Welp, I had my thumbprint cookies.  Maybe it’s just me but they taste better with kids and Christmas.

But they were still good.

Okay, they were freaking amazing.

And now this week I’m just doing smoothies and salads in penance.

I think I better get out of my pajamas, too, and put on some tight jeans.

So for Christmas in July yesterday, I bought Casa Slick a new kitchen mat, some brightly colored kitchen towels, and eight really cool green glass vintage Coca Cola juice glasses.

Yeah, Coke juice glasses, that’s how they’re advertised. They’re six ounce glasses which I love because I’m weird.

Ho ho ho.  I know how to live.

But now today is like December 26, I’m bloated and miserable from too many cookies and too much chocolate - oh yes, there was also chocolate because once Gary learned I was celebrating Christmas, he got all nervous he needed a present so he ran out and came back with two bags of Lindor Truffles.

Ugh, it’s actually good I did that yesterday.  I got it out of my system.  I could eat a salad for breakfast right now.

Yep, I definitely have that post holiday depression thing going on.  I’m not feeling work but I have so much I’m heading upstairs the minute I finish writing this.

My hope is I’ll be so busy I will forget to be blue.

And then I’ll spend the rest of the week living in the moment being kind to myself.

As I told Eric yesterday, everything is so awful and bizarre, we have no idea what’s coming, it’s out of our control.  What we can control is how we react to it.

Sure, easy for me to say.  

We all know I’ll be the one hiding under the bed if one more thing happens.

Oh, I’m kidding.  Most of us are a lot stronger than we think, me included.

But yeah, how we react to things out of our control is key.

If there’s one thing I have learned in my old age, everything passes.

So I’ll take my own advice today.  Is everyone I love healthy and in happy relationships?

Yep!

Okay, then.

Everything else is bullshit and will pass.

And with that, I’m off to start my week.

Stay strong, fellow apocalypse dudes.