Friday, July 03, 2020

Day 111


Day 111, self quarantine:

Happy three day weekend.

I’m not saying Happy Independence Day weekend because we’re not really free until November 4.

Or until karma and/or a lifetime of eating greasy fast food get him.  Whichever comes first.

I’m cool with option 2.

I am just gobsmacked that as late as yesterday, both he and his creepy evangelical Christian VP looked straight into the camera and lied about the virus.  What virus, they basically said, as 50,000 new cases are appearing daily.

Actually, here’s what Trump said yesterday on resurgence of virus as cases are spiking in several states: 

“We are putting out that life because it’s a bad life that we’re talking about.”

No mental illness or dementia there, eh Donald?

Completely unfit despicable human garbage.

Gah!

Do you guys know that he’s planning on setting off fireworks at Mount Rushmore tomorrow?

Fireworks have been banned at Mount Rushmore for the last ten years for serious ecological reasons due to chance of wildfires.


So let’s recap.  He’s visiting Mount Rushmore in direct opposition to the native Americans who live there, he’s encouraging no masks or social distancing for this bogus party in the middle of a pandemic, and he’s insisting on a celebration that may set off a series of devastating wildfires.

Got it.

AND HE’S NOT IN PRISON WHY?????

Okay, I feel temporarily better now.

So what’s everyone doing this weekend?

Welp, we’re staying home, big surprise.  But I did plan out the menu for the weekend.

Tonight there will be pizza.  White pies - one pesto and one spinach ricotta.

Tomorrow there will be veggie banh mi sandwiches and hand cut french fries.

Sunday we’re barbecuing and I am trying out a new veggie burger recipe which uses black beans, roasted almonds and portobello mushrooms. 

The wrench I may throw into these plans may be tomorrow night because I just got an email from our local Ethiopian restaurant with a rather spectacular vegetarian takeout platter offer which feeds four, i.e., Gary and me, and it may be too good to pass up.


In which case I will shift the hand-cut fries to Sunday to have with the veggie burgers.

Hey, you didn’t think I was giving up my french fries on a holiday weekend, did you?

So I’m sure you’re all dying to know the reason for the picture.  See the Frida Kahlo pillows on my sofa?  

I’ve been up since 4:00 a.m.painting those images on rocks for my garden because I am insane.

Pics coming after I am finished sealing them.  I’m too nervous I will wreck my hard work and am going to let Gary do that for me outside after they’re fully dry.

Man, is this fun.

I have all kinds of my own ideas but I wanted to see if I could work that small and use paint pens easily.

Omg, paint pens are everything.

If we’re in quarantine much longer, I will probably take those pens to some walls in this house.

In fact, if it’s not moving or breathing, I’m gonna paint on it.

(As Gary frantically gathers his guitar collection with a look of abject terror in his eyes 😂)

So I think that’s it for me today.  I’m going back to my rocks.

Rock on, people 😎