Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Day 122


Day 122, self quarantine:

Tuesday, July 14, 2020.  

So I blew the 35th anniversary of Live Aid yesterday.


Naturally, Gary and I were there at JFK Stadium to see it live in Philadelphia.  I was three months pregnant with Julie and had the morning sickness from hell - actually, I  wish it was morning sickness, it lasted all freaking day for all nine months and I couldn’t go anywhere without a bag to throw up in.

So of course I had to go to Live Aid, how could I miss standing in a three mile long
line for the ladies room every five minutes in 95 degree heat?

I was pregnant, I also had to pee every five minutes.

Damn straight I played the pregnancy card, screaming like Throw Momma from the Train from the back of the line, “Coming through, coming through, I’m with child!  Coming through, I’m gonna be sick!”

And the wall of wasted females magically parted.

I tried to time my bathroom trips while bands I didn’t love were on stage.  Haha, my first trip was right away as soon as we got there that morning during Joan Baez.

If I remember correctly, I planned lengthy bathroom
trips during Run DMC and REO Speedwagon, too, but nature also interfered and I still weep over missing Tom Petty when I threw up my water ice.

Ugh, it was red, white and blue water ice.  I’ll never forget it.  Gary bought it for me in a panic when I told him I was passing out from the heat.

I know, right?  But I had to be there.  And I’m so glad I stayed for the entire concert.

It was spectacular.

Is it a coincidence Julie, born six months later, is a musician?  I think not.

So last night we passed on the fancy dinner we planned yesterday.  Jake was “off” and Gary and I stressed and overreacted all day.

He’s fine.

But man, I wish someone would invent a translator for dogs so they could tell you what’s wrong.  It’s just brutal when they’re sick or when you’re neurotic and think they’re sick.

Anyway...

I think that’s it.  I’m actually too freaked out about what’s going on with the virus to talk about it today.  But fear not, I’m reading enough about it for all of us and if I think it’s time to eat whatever the hell you want whenever you want, I’ll let you know.

As if I’m not there already.

As if I’m not always there.

😂😂😂

Oh well.  I should get to work early today,

Okay.

Peace out.