Sunday, May 24, 2020

Day 70


Day 70, self quarantine:

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Yikes, I hope today is better than yesterday.  I basically spent the entire day using my new adult powers to restrain myself from biting my husband’s head off all day.

It was just...never mind.  I don’t understand how he can live so happily and obliviously amid clutter and disrepair.

I ended up biting off my own nose to spite my face because the end result of my holding my tongue and shrugging my shoulders was watching boring television all day and having a plate of boring scrambled eggs for a holiday weekend dinner.

Let’s hope today is better.

It should be.  At least in theory we’re going out to buy plants at 8:00 this morning.  

And I’m going out in the backyard to work whether he joins me or not.

Anyway, I’m much calmer today regarding Philadelphia moving to the yellow stage.  As my friends pointed out, yellow means those who work remotely should continue to do so.

My boss and I also discussed the strong possibility that we could both work remotely indefinitely but come into the office as needed or 2-3 days a week.  

I can live with that, as long as the numbers in Philadelphia continue to go down.

I guess I should admit I really love my job.  After my beloved  boss of almost thirty years retired, I had a truly horrible time and landed at arguably some of the worst lawfirms in the city. 

I just realized it could be a book.  From the crazy lady who threw a stapler at me and tried to make me her pot dealer to the senior partner who crawled under his desk and wouldn’t come out until we called an ambulance...to the psycho who made me do an intake for a new personal injury case for a crazy litigious woman who tripped over an extension cord in her own house...

Oh my god, I need to start writing.

The job I have now is spectacular in comparison.  But the best part of it is the writing and the fact that it keeps my mind sharp.

I talked about my mediation memo a lot but what I didn’t talk about was all the research I had to do before I even started it.

I now know more about golf course construction and the use of railroad ties than any normal person should. Normally we hire actual experts for this, but sometimes the situation doesn’t warrant the cost.

Anyway, as boring as it may sound, this is the stuff that keeps my brain active and young.

And it’s the real reason I’m not throwing in the towel today and retiring.

But...everything depends on the virus.

Mercury is in retrograde from June.18 to July 12.  Haha, if our governor stays on track, Monday, June 21 could be our first green light day.

Okay, that won’t do.

I better send him an email 😎

Oh well.  It’s 6:30 a.m.  If I want to get out of here by 8:00, I better wake Gary now.

Yeah, good luck with that, Rob.

I also better come up with a better eating plan for brunch and dinner.

I’m thinking barbecue.

Have fun today, people.