Monday, May 11, 2020

Day 57


Day 57, self quarantine:

I’m now at the point where I had to look at my post from yesterday to see what number day we’re at today.

For those keeping track, we’re beginning week nine of the apocalypse.

Yay, us!

So yesterday ended up being a chill, drama free day and the photos posted are Exhibit “A” of my life in quarantine.  

I have zero complaints.

We were having coffee, and I was sprawled on the sofa, playing with my phone and half watching the Food Network the only way bearable on a Sunday morning - with the sound off.  Gary was sitting on the floor in front of me.

“Ooh, the Asian Jewish girl Is  making fusion cuisine kosher pickle egg rolls,” he said in a weird cartoon voice.

Wut?

I look up and my knucklehead husband had one of the dog’s toys in his hand and he was playing Mystery Science Theater with poor Molly Yeh, who was not only frying Jewish pickles in egg roll wrappers, she was smearing them with American cheese and ranch dressing.

“Here comes the ninety pound sickly husband!  Eat! Eat!” Jake’s puppet said to Molly’s guy, who did indeed look...erm...frail.

“I really don’t know how you watch this crap,” Gary sad, shaking his head.

Me, either.

Instead I laughed.

“I watch just for the puppet show,” I said sheepishly.

Jake looked at us like, You’re both nuts, give me back my toy.

Speaking of nuts, see the other half of Exhibit “A” - my Mother’s Day card from Gary.



What, you don’t think a Congratulations card was proper?

“I jgrabbed the first card I saw with a dog on it,” Gary admitted.  “I just wanted to get the hell out of the store.”

Oh god, do I now have to worry he got infected with coronavirus buying me a card?

I can’t even.

For Mother’s Day dinner I ate Julie’s chocolate, cookies and cake from Cousin Jill, and leftover  sweet almond biscuits Gary baked for breakfast.

Don’t judge me.

Haha, I didn’t plan it that way, but those were some superior munchies and I kinda lost control.  By the time dinner rolled around, I had zero room for anything else.

If I were a jogger, I’d be strapping on my face mask and sneakers right now for a 10 mile run.

Yeah, like that would ever happen.

I’m gonna do penance all week with smoothies and salads 😜

I better take off my pajama bottoms and put on jeans.

In other news, I’m not making this political but I couldn’t help notice Grandpa Crazypants had a Twitter meltdown yesterday and we now have Obamagate.  Thank god our President isn’t too much of a psychopath or anything.

There was zero mention on local news this morning.

Sigh.

The top story is George Costanza’s father died at 92.  92?  Wait, how old is Ben???

Holy crap, he’s 54, I just looked it up.  Damn I’m old.

Yeah, so that’s our top story this morning in Philadelphia.  Not 80,000 people dead, just Jerry.

In better news, my garden is happening!  I don’t want to jinx it, but that “before” pic is coming soon.

Gary is talking vegetables.

I will tell him about the fire pit later.  

Right after I tell him about the new French doors leading outside.

So that’s it for now.  I’m bracing for a killer week work wise.  Maybe if I blink three times it will be Friday.

It sure seems that way in quarantine land.

Happy Monday.