Monday, May 18, 2020

Day 64


Day 64, self quarantine:

Welp, it’s Monday, May 18, 2020, which means it’s the beginning of week ten of the apocalypse.

I know people are fed up.  As for me,  I can’t help it, these are now some of the best days of my life.   If only this was just my retirement and not a deadly virus.

Yesterday, I put my phone down for hours and Gary and I worked side by side out back.  While I do have my “before “ picture now, it’s literally a photo of 25 trash bags.  Once they’re gone Wednesday morning, I’ll post side by side pics.

We didn’t yell at each other once.  We blasted music played in the dirt, and giggled like kids.

We’re in shock how much we got done.  Gary agrees with me that barring any health issues or other emergencies, we’ll have a finished space by July 4.

Though one thing was clearly obvious yesterday - I had to be there to really get things underway even though Gary tentatively started this project two weeks ago.  I never realized I’m the organized, focused person in this duo, God help us.

I probably should have called it a day sooner, though.  My shoulder, neck and back are really feeling it today.  Hopefully the guy sleeping upstairs is okay.

Anyway, for the first time in many years, Gary had a clear path to his barbecue grill and after working in the yard all day, made us some banging grilled mushroom salads for dinner.

In other news, I’m edgy watching the news this morning.  America really is reopening.  I’m going to have to have the return to the office conversation with my boss sooner rather then later.  My sense is he won’t know anymore than I do about our return date, but if he tells me June 1 or even June 15, I’m going to have to break the news to him that I won’t be there.

And since I’m announcing it here, I’m thinking I better tell him today regardless.

Wow.  One thing about life. You can never say it’s predictable.

Okay, I have to prepare what I’m going to say.

Later.