Sunday, May 17, 2020

Day 63



Day 63, self quarantine:

Good morning!

Behold my first vine ripened tomato sandwich of the season, made on a fresh loaf of milk bread from Lost Bread Company with basil from Gary’s herb garden, served up with a side order of hand cut fries drizzled with malt vinegar.

Do I know how to live or what?

This was our victory dinner, people.  We are conquering the beast that is our backyard.

The “before” picture will be posted tomorrow.

I actually took a photo last night when we wrapped up but for whatever reason, I only took a pic of the pile of trash bags.

I’m wondering about my thought process behind that one 😎.

Here’s why I didn’t opt for the beach yesterday.   We don’t go to a real beach.  We go to Dog Beach, which not many people know about.  We take Jake, we leave our house at dawn so Jake can enjoy being outside before it gets too hot, and by 1:00 p.m. our pizzas have been ordered and eaten and we’re on the way home.

So I can go any time.

I also have three weeks vacation.  We can drive down any weekday we want.

If I didn’t get Gary really started out back yesterday and we went to the beach, the backyard wouldn’t happen this year.  I know us.  Every weekend from now on would be spent at Dog Beach.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but...

Sometimes you gotta be an adult.

We’re gonna love that space once it’s restored.

We used to sit out there every night, all those years ago.

And it was magical to see Gary get excited and talk about his ideas for the space last evening .

I made the right choice yesterday.

We’re going to work out there some more today and I can’t wait.

The only thing I did not do is text my boss regarding the court’s announcement they’re closed until September 8.  In my mind, so am I, and I wasn’t in the mood to have that bubble bursted last night.

I’ll keep you posted.

Happy Sunday!