Saturday, May 16, 2020

Day 62


Day 62, self quarantine:

Happy Saturday!  

Okay, first things first.  Last night the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas announced they will remain closed through September 8, 2020.

So far, my office has followed along with the court.  Though as of yesterday, before I got this Order from the court, I had definite vibes we were reopening June 15.

So we’ll see.  I can’t text my boss yet because it’s still shabbat and I can’t contact him until after sundown.  Omg, this is killing me.

I would be soooo happy with a September 8 return date.  By then we’ll know even more about this virus and I will have more time to decide my immediate future.

As you might imagine, I’m pretty interested what my boss will say.

In other news, I’m so excited, today is the first day I’m working out back with Gary. Stuff is going to get done!

It’s so crazy.  At the beginning of the apocalypse, my wardrobe was all sweaters and corduroy jeans and boots. Since I haven’t gone anywhere since, I haven’t put the winter stuff away and taken my summer clothes out yet and washed them . I went to get dressed yesterday to walk the dog and it was 85 degrees and I  realized I had nothing to wear.

No worries, I wore my pajamas.  With my sneakers and mask I looked like a mental patient but who cares, we all do and if the shoe fits...

I went rummaging in Julie’s room and found a bunch of her cool t-shirts so now I’m going to rock my backyard.

I’ll do the winter to summer wardrobe transition later this weekend.

Oy.  At least in theory.

Meanwhile, how is it possible a week from today is Memorial Day weekend?  I totally didn’t realize that until I just heard it on the news.

I’m doing my typical Robin idiot mind games right now.  I can’t go to the beach Memorial Day weekend - I can see by the imbecile comments on Facebook that Trump people are angry at Governors Wolf and Murphy and want the lockdown ended because they need haircuts...so I’m guessing there’s not going to be much social distancing.

And after next weekend, it’s officially summer, which means increased traffic and crowds at the beach every weekend.

Today is supposed to be 80 and sunny.

Arghhhh...I can’t.  I’ve made Gary promise me all week we’re working out in the yard today and tomorrow.

I even started this post talking about how excited I am about it.

Also, I had pizza twice in the last four days so I’m not craving more.

Okay, I’m lying.

Have I mentioned I hate being an adult?

And on that note, I’m going to sign off and watch Top Chef.

And try not to think too much about the beach.