Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 58

Day 58, self quarantine:

Good morning.

Okay, today marks the start of my health and fitness program.

I have no plans whatsoever regarding the same, it’s just my promise to myself to stop eating everything not nailed down and to at least walk Jake with Gary every day.

I’m sure I will stay true to this plan at least through today.

So I have a question: Why doesn’t he just die?  At this point, I read his tweets and that’s my only reaction.  

That goes for his supporters, too.

In other news, I freaking love our governor in Pennsylvania. Yesterday he spoke about those politicians rushing to reopen their states before it’s safe.  He said he hopes they are ready to face the consequences  of their COWARDLY acts. 

He’s 100% correct.  I’ll even add some adjectives.  They’re greedy, selfish  cowards.

And speaking of PA, Gary doesn’t even know this yet because he’s still asleep,  but he’s barely out of work two weeks and this morning his first unemployment check is already in our checking account.

I’ve been reading horror stories about people in other states not receiving benefits.  I wasn’t worried about the money, I was worried I would have to spend hours on the phone, dealing with bureaucrats.

So that’s a relief.

Haha, in fact, the whole procedure was so effortless, can I get in on this deal, too?

Sigh... 

Okay, this is the first day of quarantine I don’t have much to say.  That’s probably a good thing.  So rather than be a bore, I will go clean the kitchen.

Hmmm...the kitchen might be why I can’t write.  What did Gary do in there last night?  Every pot and pan we own is in the sink.  I poured my coffee and backed out of there in shock.

Oh well, a small price to pay for awesome food.

I normally would angrily leave it for him but this is the new, adult quarantine me.  I will go tackle the disaster myself.

Oy.  Is this supposed to be a good thing?

Oh, well.  Since this isn’t much of a post, I will leave you with a picture of Jake cuteness.

Happy Tuesday.