Friday, July 07, 2023

July 7, 2023

 So yesterday I threw caution to the wind and queried two agents and also sent the entire manuscript to two independent publishers who take unagented submissions.

I forgot how nerve wracking this is. I’m now stalking myself and checking my email every five seconds.

I know better than this, and 90 per cent of the time if they’re not interested, they don’t even respond.

I’m worried my actual query isn’t strong enough. I wish I had the guts to ask one of my friends for help but I guess I am trying on my own so I can keep any rejection to myself. I told Gary I did it and I kinda even wish I didn’t tell him.

Anyway…

I woke up to a surprise text from Eric, currently on tour in EU, that he might come to Philly next month for my birthday. I’m afraid to get my hopes up but fingers crossed. I feel so much less depressed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment