Saturday, July 22, 2023

July 22, 2023



Life can be amazing.

I’ve been pretty bummed lately, and it’s been a struggle to stay in the present. Missing my kids so much I feel sick is a real thing. 


Plus, I was pretty sure Jack Smith would be coming for Donald (again) last week and it was an incredible letdown when nothing happened.


But but but…


Once again we were woken up by blue jays…I talked Gary into doing stuff around here and not only did he happily oblige, I went off cleaning on my own and found $50 in an old handbag. I couldn’t believe it.


So I went downstairs to tell Gary, but he was outside repotting some plants so I checked my phone and all of a sudden I got a text out of nowhere from Eric, WHO WILL NOT ONLY BE HERE FOR MY BIRTHDAY BUT FOR THANKSGIVING, TOO AND NOT ONLY THAT, WE’RE GOING TO THANKSGIVING JAM AT JON AND PETERS IN NEW HOPE AFTER DINNER.


The last time our family went to the Thanksgiving jam at Jon and Peters was in 2019. That’s the video I posted above. I don’t have to tell you what happened next. 


It’s also the last time we were all together on a holiday.


Please don’t tell me to calm down. I am so fucking happy I will even be patient for Donald’s arrest but omg, if it happens next week I may faint from joy.


But see? This is why we must live in the present. I’ve spent the last few weeks miserable for no fucking reason.


One of these days I’ll grow up. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment