Friday, July 28, 2023

July 28, 2023



Whew, this has been an interesting week.

Monday started off pretty awful. I woke up to a distraught text from Julie in Ireland that her sweet little doggie had been involved in an altercation while she was away.


My job was to calm her down but I was completely freaked out. I managed to do it, though, and Gary and I took off for the beach on Tuesday to escape.


We had an absolute glorious day. Jasper is a swimmer. We talked about moving to Somers Point again and when I mentioned that I saw a few houses in our price range, Gary gave me the go ahead to keep looking so maybe…


I want to wait another year or so to see if we will be grandparents first. Gary insists he will never live in a red state but he’s a baby freak and all bets are off if that happens. I predict he will change his mind and want to buy the house next door to Eric and Natalie 😂


I’ve already entertained the fantasy that if Eric and Natalie have a family and need a bigger house, we will buy their current house so Eric still has his studio and everything can revert back to him when we die. I would do that in a heartbeat, his place is fantastic.


I’m learning nothing is impossible. See my next paragraph…


We returned to Philadelphia refreshed and then I got another text from Julie out of nowhere that she’s coming here for a week in November, for Thanksgiving AND Gary’s 70th birthday AND the Thanksgiving jam at Jon and Peters.


So…for the first time since 2019, the band is getting back together on Thanksgiving ❤️


I swear, why didn’t I have the wisdom I have now when I was younger? I just let the universe take care of things these days. I have no control over anyone or anything but myself. When I stay calm, even my crazy husband calms down, too.


Anyway, one more week until vacation in Woodstock. We’re gonna hit the beach again one more time next week before we leave, and we’re making excellent progress working on my latest house project.


No word yet on my new book from the querying I did but hey, at least that means it hasn’t been rejected yet.


Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment