Wednesday, July 19, 2023

July 19, 2023


I’m sitting in the car with Jasper in the pouring rain while Gary runs into the regular supermarket for some stuff we can’t get at Trader Joe and the farmers market.

You know, the boring stuff like water and toilet paper.


Tomorrow we’re heading for the beach.  It’s like I need to go every few days now to replenish my soul and Gary feels the same way.


I’m having second thoughts about my novel. Meaning, maybe I should publish it through Amazon or Draft2Digital. I have a friend who just sold her book to an indie publisher and publication date is September, 2025.


I don’t even know if I will be alive in 2025. I never realized how many women die at age 70. And I already take five pills a day for heart failure and high blood pressure.


So I guess I will hang in there for a bit. Right now the first three chapters are with two agents and one independent publisher, and two independent publishers have the entire manuscript. I won’t query anywhere else yet and I’ll just try to enjoy the rest of my summer. I have a great vacation in Woodstock in a couple weeks and then when we come home I will be back at the beach for my birthday. I found an Italian restaurant with a porch nearby so who knows, maybe we will have dinner there and get a hotel room for the night. Like I said, how many more birthdays do I have?


Gary will be 70 in November. I’m not sure what to do about that. It’s right at Thanksgiving but I know better than to ask the kids…I won’t be able to bear the disappointment so I guess I will take a wait and see attitude with that, too.


See? This is why you can’t live in the future. It makes you miserable. I’m actually having an okay day, even if I am typing this in a supermarket parking lot in the pouring rain.


You know I am having a better day than Donald Trump 😂


 

No comments:

Post a Comment