Monday, July 31, 2023

July 31, 2023

 


I have a crazy busy week getting ready for vacation but I will stop in my tracks the minute Donald gets indicted for trying to overthrow the government.


Today’s polls show him crushing his opponents. Since the entire Republican Party is now a Christian Nationalist steaming pile of shit, that doesn’t mean anything to me. What does matter is how the actual fuck is this criminal even allowed to run for office and what the fuck is wrong with this country?


It’s demoralizing.


It’s made me ashamed of my fifty year legal career. I can’t even bear to discuss it. It’s funny, I dropped a happy 90th birthday email to my beloved boss of thirty years, and his reply to me included the sentence “no contact with legal world” (in 20 years of retirement) which totally reflected my sentiments.  We were always like that but hey, I started working for him when I was twenty-one years old, he shaped who I am as a person.


He was not your typical attorney, he was a mom and pop sole practitioner who actually helped people.


Anyway, my point is, he feels the same and called our current political climate “very troubling times.”


I’m a little more worried. I think it’s the fucking apocalypse. I don’t see an easy way out of this.


Anyway, in other news…


Tomorrow Jasper has his annual physical and last year the vet told us Jasper needs to lose five pounds.


Jasper did not lose five pounds.


Hopefully he did not gain five more. I’m not even kidding, I am positive he’s the reincarnation of Anthony Bourdain. He’s got a sophisticated palette and he stands next to Gary in the kitchen, watching every step of his cooking.


And his personality…woo boy.


Wednesday we’re going to the beach. No matter what. Even if Donald is indicted at dawn that morning. That’s the only exception because I need the sea and sand.


And then it’s basically cleaning and packing and getting ready for Julie’s visit Sunday and our annual trip to Woodstock Monday for a utopian week of great music, friendship, and beautiful atmosphere.


And then we come home in time for Eric’s visit and my birthday.


Have I mentioned how much I love my family and retirement?


Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment