Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Day 276


 

Day 276, self quarantine:

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Had she lived, today my mom would have been 91.

Alas, she didn’t even live to see 50.

We’re also officially into month 10 of quarantine.  If you got pregnant at the beginning of the pandemic, you have a baby now.

I hope if you did, you named it Apocalypse.

Har har.

Today’s photo, my Facebook memory from 2010, broke me.

It’s cookies I baked with Julie at her Philadelphia apartment, less than a mile from Casa Slick.

I used to complain she lived “too far.”

Ha ha ha.

These are the only cookies Gary doesn’t bake.  They’re my recipe, and when the kids were little, we named them “Jems” for Julie Eric Mom Slick.

Anyway, no cookies this year, either.

What’s the point?

I can’t even believe I am saying this, but in the last couple of months, something major has changed with me.

I’ve stopped liking sweet, sugary food.

Even chocolate.

People, there’s still a full bowl of Halloween candy here.

I gotta be honest, last month I actually wondered if I had Covid.

That’s how little the idea of dessert appeals to me.

Conversely, I’ve been craving hot, spicy, peppery foods or anything with vinegar or a wine sauce.

I am what I eat?

I guess so.

Then why are my jeans tight, dammit?!

Inquiring minds...

So Joe is now officially president?

Don’t count on it yet.

Bill Barr didn’t resign for no reason.

You can be sure something gross and disgusting is coming and pardons are the least of our worries.

But don’t listen to me, I’m a hysterical senior just trying to stay alive and keep her husband alive while we impatiently wait to see our family again sometime next year.

What do I know?

Apparently not much.

Ugh, I was hoping my mood would improve as I wrote this but apparently not.

Although...

Philadelphia has a pretty good chance of getting socked with a snowstorm tomorrow.

Our house is loaded with food and water.

The dog absolutely adores the snow and watching him play in it is everything.

And Gary and I don’t have to be anywhere, so...

Tomorrow should be a much better day.

One hopes.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment