Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Day 263

 


Day 263, self quarantine:

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Okay, I am less stressed out today. 

I apologize for yesterday.  I had a lot on my mind and a to do list which seemed daunting after a very relaxing four days off and chilling with Gary.

And I admit it, Donald triggers me.  

I know why, too.

My late father was a narcissist with a persecution complex. Always the victim.  

So when Donald starts with all that paranoid me, me, me stuff and negativity, I’m 12 years old again, shaking and crying and wondering what I did wrong now.

So yeah, I’ve been triggered and stressed for the last four years and I just want it to end.

Anyway, oddly enough, I work best when I am stressed with deadlines, don’t ask me why.

I completed the first of three projects I have to do by the end of the month and, omg, I finally got my paperwork straightened out to leave the office health insurance plan for gasp...Medicare.

Yeah, the future beckons.

Explain to me how normal people understand this stuff, though.  I’m pretty smart and I couldn’t do it on my own, I broke down and called someone.

Ugh, the stuff of nightmares.

I just want to make sure Gary and I are covered yet not breaking the budget.

So in the end, the understanding part wasn’t too terrible.

But then began the paperwork...

Anyway, I did it.  Gary and I will be official Medicare recipients by January 1.

Unless I fucked something up, in which case it will be February 1.

Just in time to hop in that camper to see the kids 😜

Assuming the pandemic hasn’t closed the country.

Oy.  I don’t see how we’re not going to have a lockdown but what do I know. 

Apparently just enough to get by.

So how is everyone doing with holiday shopping?

My friend/coworker and I came up with the world’s greatest idea for a gift.  At first we were brainstorming for our boss, but then I realized it’s perfect for a lot of people in my life so I can’t say what it is yet but I’m smiling big time.

Hey, sending presents directly to the kids’ houses after checking off the “gift wrap” option isn’t too terrible, either.

I do not enjoy wrapping stuff.

Sigh...just trying to look for that silver lining.

Since we’re talking about presents, is there anyone reading this who would want The Mirror?


I saw the commercial for this thing and thought it was a Saturday Night Live skit.

Seriously.  This would be my worst nightmare.  It would be like being trapped in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

A fucking mirror that watches you “exercise“ and talks to you.

This will be waiting for me in hell when I die, with a soundtrack by U2.  Count on it.

Nah, there’s no such thing as hell, though we just came pretty close, huh.

Anyway, if it’s December 2, that means there’s only 49 more days of Donald.

Everyone celebrate!

Happy Wednesday.






No comments:

Post a Comment