Sunday, December 13, 2020

Day 274


Day 274, self quarantine:

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Gary made sweet potato black bean enchiladas for dinner last night and they may be the best enchiladas I’ve ever eaten.

So that was awesome.

Other than that, I’m completely disgusted by Donald and his white supremacist supporters and wish I could put my house up for sale and leave America.

We’re broken and the people in this country are beyond ignorant and embracing anti-intellectualism and racism.

It’s gross.

While I am no longer terrified Donald will have a successful coup, I remain terrified that he’s already incited his idiot voters to more violence and the next six weeks are going to be hell.

I hope I’m wrong.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.  I’ve somehow finished shopping, I’ve completely lost track of what I bought, and in any other year, there would be a hundred gaily wrapped presents under our tree.

I kept lists for Gary and the kids, making sure I spent equal amounts on everyone.  I wrapped packages in different paper for each recipient.  I kept careful records of tracking and held on to gift receipts in an organized folder.

This year?

Hahahaha.

The only way I know it’s Christmas is my bank account is a couple thousand dollars lighter.

I feel bad for Gary, who has never shopped online and is incapable/unwilling to learn.  Actually, I feel worse for me, I’m the one who won’t have presents 😂😂😂

Nah, I made it easy for him, I told him I want a television for my office/Julie’s room and since I refuse to let him go to a physical store, I pulled up televisions on my phone and let him think he picked one out :)

Oy, 2020.  You’re killing me.

Actually, I apologize for that remark.  It’s not even a little funny.

At least there’s light at the end of the tunnel. People my age should be vaccinated by spring.  

Ask me how fast I am jumping on a plane to see my kids once we’re all vaccinated...

Though Gary keeps talking camper rental and open ended cross country trip in 2021.

Maybe even catching some of the kids’ concerts since THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TOUR!

Hell, why not?

We’ll have nothing but time, us old retired folk.

All we have to do is stay healthy between now and then.

We’re doing our best but...

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hahaha like I really pray.

Oh well.

Happy Sunday!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment