Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Day 94


Day 94, self quarantine:

Hey hey Tuesday.  You’re looking good!

So here’s something I thought I’d never say:  Bless you, Justice Gorsuch.

Here’s another thing I never thought I’d say:  I learned of the historic decision from Gary, who was glued to MSNBC while I was upstairs working.

“I have breaking news!” he said excitedly.

Oh god.  What now?

“Oh, yeah?  Pray tell.“

Woke Gary is so adorable ❤️

“I should call Julie with the news,” he beamed.

“I think she’s probably still sleeping in Seattle,” I smiled.

“Yeah, but I want...”

“She’ll see as soon as she wakes up.”

Too funny.  Because he refuses to get a smart phone and just started watching cable news for the first time in his life, Gary doesn’t realize we’re all “in the loop.”  He’s getting his first real taste of breaking news.

He thinks it’s something new and he discovered it.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Welp, to be fair, we didn’t used to have breaking news every damn hour of every damn day but then again, we didn’t have a mentally ill imbecile with likely dementia in the White House  cowering in a bunker behind a baby gate before, either.

But it was a beautiful thing yesterday to discover Trump and his hideous minions haven’t completely broken America yet.

Sigh...

So tonight is the final trash night and our yard officially becomes a garden.  This time I mean it!  

We’re so damn excited.

Wait’ll Gary finds out what his next project is.

I’m gonna have him officially turn Eric’s former bedroom into his own man cave music room.

We flirted with the idea ten years ago when Eric first moved out but like every other spare space in this tiny house, we started using it for storage, i.e., the place where things end up that we’re not sure we want to throw out yet.

Ahem, I mean things that Gary can’t part with.

Oy, I really have to introduce him to Marie Kondo.


I actually tried a few years ago to get Gary to let go of some of his possessions but my fatal mistake was telling him it was called Swedish Death Cleaning.

“You want me to do what?!” he asked, his eyes widening in horror.

I tried to explain the concept to him but all he did was wrap his arms around his towers of Keep on Trucking t-shirts, bongs and eight track cassettes and stare at me like You will have to pry these from my cold, dead hands.

So yeah, when he’s done out back, Gary’s gonna build himself a playroom and I will have an official place for all his weird stuff.

In other news, yesterday wasn’t entirely awesome.  Eric texted that their dog Marvin had two seizures and was in the hospital.  Oh god, that’s the worst.

As I texted to Eric, “This adult stuff isn’t always fun, huh.”

The news wasn’t good for Marvin but they’re going to try anti- seizure medication and a holistic diet and as long as he’s not suffering...

Eric and Natalie are so distraught.  It’s their one year anniversary next week.  I can’t even believe it.

We are all heartsick but as always, I encouraged Eric to live in the moment and be grateful that he and Natalie are not out touring like they would normally be this time of year and now they can spend every day with Marvin.

None of us could have predicted the events of 2020, huh.

A raging pandemic, over a hundred thousand dead, and forty million Americans out of work, including my husband and all three kids.

To the people who told me I’m overreacting and my life and the lives of “most” Americans  won’t change even a little bit just because Trump was elected...

Fuck you and fuck you hard.

Okay, I feel better now.

And on that note, I’m heading upstairs to work.

Later, apocalypse dudes.