Sunday, June 07, 2020

Day 85


Day 85, self quarantine:

I’m sorry, I’m laughing my ass off this morning.  

There were MASSIVE crowds protesting in Washington, DC yesterday, Donald.  Way bigger than attended your pitiful inauguration.

There were massive protests all across the country, in fact. Philadelphia was breathtaking.

And where were you, Donald?  Hiding behind your baby gate, itching to unleash your scruffy band of mercenaries but no one gave you a reason and now you’re an international laughingstock, Bunker Boi.  

Just like the people stupid enough to support you!


Some of our stronger political leaders marched with the protestors.

Not you, President Pussy.  You’re a coward and you’re weak.

Just like every other racist.

Okay, I feel better now.

So no beach today, I think I am taking Friday off and going then.  We ended up working in the garden a lot harder than we thought yesterday - the storm partially severed a branch of our tree and Gary had to climb up on our roof with a saw. 

I wasn’t having too much of a stroke watching that.

And while it was happening, my phone blew up with texts from both kids and friends.

No one knew I was freaking out, I didn’t act like my senior citizen husband was hanging off a  two story roof with a power tool, I replied like I was calmly sitting here watching television.

Eric would have lost it.

Anyway, once Supergeriatric Man was finished sawing, there was a gigantic mess of twigs and leaves.

How is it possible we have 16 more trash bags?

This is the third box of forty trash bags I opened since we started this project.

So that was a bummer.

I told Gary we should just order a pizza last night because by the time we were done we were exhausted, but I got him all fired up to make macaroni and cheese and cornbread and he wasn’t letting that dream die.

So he not only went in the kitchen and made that, he made himself buffalo chicken legs and me buffalo cauliflower.

Omg, it was like bizarro Christmas at Casa Slick.

I’ll post a pic tomorrow on leftover night.  I was so hungry by the time dinner was finally on the table I took one crappy pic that looks like a plate of yellow-orange food.

Oh.  

It was.

There was nothing green at all.

I will rectify that on leftover night.

Maybe.

Today we are swinging by the local hardware store to pick up plants and vegetables so that’s exciting.  No outdoor furniture yet like I hoped, but that should be next weekend.

I could ask Gary to hang the fairy lights but I feel like that should be the very last thing we do - switch on the lights - so I will keep them hidden for now.

Anyway, I think that’s it for today.  I added Hulu to my cable plan and they have every single season of Top Chef going back to 2002.  I only started watching like five years ago so if you’re looking for me at dawn for the next several months, you know where to find me.

Have fun today, apocalypse dudes.